Fat Injection in Feet

I am a 32 year old male, and for work I need to be on my feet for about 10 hours a day, I have been doing this for some years now and it is starting to get really sore, to a point were it feels like I am standing on the bone, I have seen many doctors who just say I have sensitive feet. I have read that females have been know to get there own fat injected into there feet for padding. I would like to know would this be ideal and would it help to pad the heel, I have tried orthotics without success

Doctor Answers 3

Fat injections for feet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although I have not peformed fat injections for feet, I know of reported cases in the literature of injections of hyaluronic acids to pad areas of sensitivity from Morton's neuromas.  Possibly fat might help, but I wonder when you could safely walk with pressure on the fat graft without damaging the fat or risk losing it from death of the cells by compressing the oxygen flow.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Fat Transfer for Padding of Feet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Interesting thought...  You know more than I do in regards to women who had fat grafting to their soles.

Maybe, these patients go to other surgeons given that I work only from collar bones up. I would also talk to an podiatrist.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Fat transfer to feet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is an unusual request - I have not heard of fat transfer being done to improve padding in the feet in males or females.  I don't think that fat transfer would help to make your feet more comfortable.  The skin on the sole of the feet is very specialised and built to take the weight of the body.  I would suspect that any fat transferred in to the foot would be displaced if you are standing all day.  There is a condition called plantar fasciitis which can cause pain in the soles of the feet and it may be worth visiting your general practitioner to see if you may have a condition like this.

My advice would be to look at your footwear and insoles (I appreciate that you may have already done this) and if it continues to be a problem, look at workplace adaptation perhaps with the help of your occupational health department, if you have one.  Good luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.