385 cc Textured Silicone Implants Under the Muscle. WIll my implants drop to fill out the bottom of my breast? (Photo)

I had my BA on December 18th. So I am currently 15 days post op. I had a peri areolar mastopexy along with augmentation. I have read and read about textured vs smooth implants and now I am worried my implants will not drop to where I want them! It seems everything I read is contradicting! Will my implants drop to fill out the bottom of my breast? I made it completely clear to my PS that I absolutely did not want the upper pole fullness. I like the tear drop slope of a natural breast.

Position Change with Textured Silicone Implants

The period of time immediately following breast augmentation surgery is characterized by rapid change. During this period of time, swelling, muscle spasm and the healing process itself all contribute to changes in the appearance of a woman's breasts. In some cases, swelling and muscle spasm can displace the breast implants in a superior direction when implants are placed beneath the muscle. Based on your pictures, I believe this is a distinct possibility.

In some cases, superior implant displacement may be due to inadequate dissection of the muscle insertions of the inferior portion of the breast pocket. There's no evidence that this has occurred in your case.

With time, assuming adequate pocket dissection, these implants might return to a more normal position. Unfortunately, when textured implants are used, this is less likely to occur than when smooth walled implants are used. Sometimes the use of a bandeau superiorly and massage may facilitate this process, but again this is less likely with textured implants.

It may take 3 to 6 months for these implants to drop into a normal position. If no progress has occurred by then, revisional surgery may be necessary. This would involve recreating the lower portions of the breast pocket.

It's important to have good communication with your plastic surgeon. Make sure he is aware of your concerns. He is familiar with the specifics of your surgery and will be able to give you appropriate direction.

Too early to judge outcome

This early after the surgery it is not possible to judge the outcome.  I would say that it will take 6 months before you will see them settle.

385 cc Textured Silicone Implants Under the Muscle. WIll my implants drop to fill out the bottom of my breast?

You are very early  in the healing phase of this operation, which based on your photos looks good.
Time is your friend,  lets the implants settle ( somewhat less than with smooth implants), let the swelling improve and lets let the scars mature. If you need a little re-lifting down the road, that is ok, remember you can always make the pants shorter, you can't make them longer; meaning you can always re-lift little but bringing a too high nipple down is very difficult. Follow your plastic surgeons post-op instructions carefully and completely, you should do well.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery