Breast Hypoplasia/Tuberous Breast Deformity (Photo)

I was told that I have breast hypoplasia/tuberous breast deformity in 2014 by a breast surgeon who removed a fibroadenoma. Then, I post on realself in 2016 to ask about surgical correction options to gain more information before I schedule a consultation. A realself doctor then tells me I do NOT have tuberous breast deformity? Should I trust the surgeon who actually assessed me in person or the comment on here? Thanks

Tuberous breasts

To me, from the pictures you have shown, I would classify this as a tuberous breast as it has two of the components of that disease. I see a very high tight crease and a large areola. Both of those factors, in my hands, would necessitate a tuberous breast type approach to remedying this look. A peri-areolar mastopexy with a  dual plane approach for the placement of implants and lowering of the  infra-mammary crease and a stretching in a horizontal direction of the lower pole of the breast. I would recommend that you seek an opinion from a seasoned board-certified plastic surgeon in your region to address this issue. Good luck.

Tuberous breasts and breast augmentation

The single view that you provide does not really give us the information to accurately answer your question. the frontal view is much more important.  Based on your photo, I would expect that you do not have a tuberous breast, but a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or several of them will help you answer the question.  Then you can decide whether you would like a breast augmentation.  Good luck. 

John M. Weeter, MD

Breast Hypoplasia/Tuberous Breast Deformity

Thank
you for the question and your photo. It would be
difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. I recommend you to consult with few board-certified plastic surgeons and
have a full evaluation. Best of luck.
Dr. Michael Omidi. An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast hypoplasia or tuberous breast deformity.

It is difficult to tell if you have a tuberous breast deformity from the single side view picture  you submitted. It is very easy to diagnose it from a  frontal photo. Just looking at that single picture I don't believe you have a tuberous breast.

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast

The single view is not helpful. A tuberous breast is narrow at the base and can grow out and enlarge the pigmented areole.  An experienced plastic surgeon can improve the appearance with a BA

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast deformity

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Based on your photo you seem to have small breast, not tuberous breast. You have a lower pole, and there is not herniation of your breast through your areola. 

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Tuberous breast deformity

It is impossible to tell based on the lateral photograph submitted.  I would recommend several opinions prior to deciding on a treatment plan

John Burns, MD

Thank you for your question.  I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation and to discuss your options for surgery.  It is not totally possible to make a diagnosis based on the photo that you have provided but it would seem that you do not have tuberous breast deformity.  

Do I have tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question. Picture you posted is not enough to comment. Need more views. But whatever information from that pic it is not look like a tuberous breasts. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Tuberous breast?

From your pictures, which are not really a complete set, it does not appear that you have a tuberous breast deformity.  Of course, you really ought to see an experienced plastic surgeon for an in-person examination; RealSelf is helpful, but not a substitute for appropriate medical evaluation and professional consultation.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD