Why is Skin on Nose Peeling After Rhinoplasty?

I had my Rhinoplasty a little over a week ago. The skin on my nose has been peeling like I had a sunburn. It really did not bother me so much. But at the tip of one of my nostrils I now have a pointy opening instead of curve because of the skin peeling off. Will it stay like this??

Nose peeling after rhinoplasty

Very common occurrence after a rhinoplasty is a peeling of the nasal skin, like a sunburn. This can last for a few weeks. Please avoid the sun at all costs. As for the "pointy" nasal rim return to your surgeon to find out what that is.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Peeling Nasal Skin after Rhinoplasty

Skin peeling like a sunburn is common after rhinoplasty because the the nasal tissues are shocked secondary to the surgery and the ciculation temporarily compromised. This will not persist.  Ask your surgeon about the "pointy opening".

Peeling skin after a rhinoplasty

Peeling skin after a rhinoplasty is fairly common as the swelling goes down. This can also be irritation from the nasal splint.  The point nasal rim issue is something to have evaluated by your surgeon.

Skin peeling after rhinoplasty.

This happens to everyone for several weeks. The pointy opening is something I would check with your surgeon.

Skin irritation following rhinoplasty.

Skin inflammation following rhinoplasty is often due to a hypersensitivity or allergic response to tape, adhesive or splint materials.  See a qualified nose surgeon to help determine the nature of the problem.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon