Will my moles be completely gone after electrocautery? (Photo)

i had 6 moles (5 flat 1 raised) removed from my face from electrocautery. the raised one was done the 2nd time cos it came back (7 weeks from 1st one). and they look like the picture now. should they be looking like that? i was told they would fall off after 7 days. any tips i could use? kinda worrying cos they're so burnt. i just apply the cream given 3 times a day. plus foundation to cover them up before i head out. thanks!

Electocautery for moles on the face?

There are many ways to remove moles.  Facial moles on the tight, smooth skin of someone as young as you - present  a special challenge. Scar minimization is critical.  I get my best results removing facial moles using a binocular microscope to precisely remove the mole in a way that allows it to be reapproximated into the natural skin lines using tiny, tiny stitches. Healing time is quick, scars are negligible/invisible, and the moles don't come back.

Moles and electrocautery

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, some moles may not be completely removed with electrocautery. Moles can have a deeper component and electrocautery only destroys the superficial layers of the skin, therefore, moles can return after the procedure. Also, healing time varies per treated area, but if they are not improving, I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your questions and concerns. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD