How long do I have to wait for voluma to dissolve?

I had voluma under my eyes a year ago and it made it worst than before. It makes my bags look bigger and more noticeable and I look older. I'm considering hyluronadase but am wondering if it would be worth it and if there is side effects. Also how much longer must I wait before it goes away on its own?

Voluma Typically Last 2 years

Voluma typically lasts about 2 years although every patient is different. If you can't wait for the filler to dissolve on it's own, you can definitely reverse it, but keep in mind that it may take more than one treatment. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for facial volume dissolves usually by two years

Most patients see much of the voluma having dissolved on its own by two years. some times there is a small percent lasting longer.  Hyaluronidase enzyme can dissolve the filler quickly, although many patients need a few treatments, not one.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma

Juvèderm Voluma XC instantly adds volume lost to aging in the cheek area. Natural-looking results can last up to 2 years with optimal treatment. If you are unhappy with your treatment, I would urge you to make an appointment with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss possibility of dissolving the area by using hyaluronidase. Good luck!

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Hi, thanks for your question. Voluma in the cheeks has been shown to last up to 2 years. However, the under-eye area is a little bit different, anatomically speaking, and so filler there can last substantially longer than that. If you are not happy with the results of the filler, I think hyaluronidase is a reasonable option. It's generally a very safe, quick, and effective treatment. Hope that helps!

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. It is surprising to hear that Voluma did not improve your bags. An inexperienced injector can be problematic for a successful procedure. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and discuss the benefits of hyaluronidase.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering Hyluronadase

Hyluronidase works to dissolve filler, and would always be an option for you if you did not like how the filler was injected. This injectable medication works quickly (within about 20 minutes) however your skin need time to adjust and may take 1 week to get back to approximate shape/size prior to filler.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Voluma and swelling under eyes

If you have significant swelling from Voluma it can be several months until it dissolves depending on how much filler was used.  I would suggest you have it dissolved with Vitrase. In the future consider Belotero or Restylane under the eyes.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Voluma can last up to 2 years, if you are unhappy please reverse with hyaluronidase.  It will take more treatments than most traditional HA fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How long do I have to wait for Voluma to dissolve?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your unanticipated results after Voluma placement.  If after a year you remain with a poor outcome I would recommend having the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase.  It will return you to your pre-treatment appearance, with little side effect.  If you allow the Voluma to be reabsorbed naturally it may take another year or longer.  Hope this helps.   

Facial Filler: Juvederm Voluma XC and duration

Juvederm Voluma XC is a hyaluronic acid facial filler. The formulation is cross-linked and injected at a deep level. The duration of this type of filler is 18-24 months. It can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.I would discuss any concerns with the doctor who performed the injection. They can explain the process of dissolving the unwanted filler or other potential treatment options appropriate for you. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon