2 lines left just above the eyebrows after Botox? Will this go away?

I received botox 3 days ago. 3 days is when my doctor told me i would see the results. I definitely have seen the results as when i raise my eyebrows, the rest of my forehead is smooth now except for 2 lines right above each eyebrow. I know it's only been 3 days, so my question is, is there still a chance these 2 lines will also smoothen out? Or since i've already noticed the results in every other part, these 2 lines are likely to stay ? Or does botox work gradually on each line?

It could take up to two weeks for full results of Botox

Thank you for your question Racergirl02. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the horizontal lines seen between on the forehead when one raises the brows. Most people see the results of their Botox treatment 3-7 days after the treatment. But it could take up to two weeks for full results. The pivotal studies demonstrated that the peak effects of Botox are MORE seen 14 days after the treatment. Patience is important. In our office patients return two weeks after a treatment for after photographs in order to assess their results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck! SHOW LESS

Encino Physician

Botox to fix forehead lines

My educated guess is that the doctor didn't put any botox just above your eyebrows as many practitioners are afraid to inject there as there is a higher risk of eyelid droop in that area. Botox can work quickly and its working everywhere else, so I assume it was not injected above the eyebrows.  I would recommend to call your doctor and go in for a recheck and assess.  I do think waiting at least one week would answer the question as to whether it will improve more as the botox takes effect. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

2 Lines After Botox

It can take up to 14 days to see the full effect of Botox.  Botox can set in more rapidly, especially in weaker muscles.  I would recommend waiting for two weeks until you possibly have a touch-up.  The area you are concerned about may still relax given more time.  Waiting is safer...this way you will not over treat and cause other problems.  

Hello Racergirl02,

If you are seeing results in 3 days that is quite lucky.  Most patients take about 7-10 days.  I would give it at least that long before you consider doing anything.  If you still have those 2 lines then you can follow up with you injector and get a few more units on each side to get the final result you want.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in singapore

Hi there

Thanks for the question.  If you could submit a picture that would help a great deal.  At three days Botox is still building up in the muscle.  It takes about a full week to get full effect.  You may have an area of muscle that needs a touch up, or it just might be that the Botox hasn't kicked in completely.  Wait at least 7-10 days.  You should follow up with your injector in that time frame anyways to ensure you don't have any other side effects or require a touch up.

Good Luck

Two lines just above eyebrows after Botox

I would say that Botox treatments can take as long as 7-10 days to see the full effect.  It is possible that you may still see the two lines just above your eyebrows after this time.  Your physician may have purposely not injected all the way down to your eyebrow so that you would not develop any drooping of your brows.  If the lines bother you, it would be possible to add more Botox to help but because they are close to your eyebrows it is possible that your brows would drop until the Botox wears off.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon