Will sleeping with heated blanket overnight affect Botox? (photo)

I fell asleep about 5-6 hours after Botox. I had a heated blanket that was on a warm fuzzy temperature. Not extreme hot. Just warm fuzzy. Will that affect Botox?

Botox aftercare instructions

Thank you for your question Weiwei88. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. For my patients I recommend the following aftercare instructions after a Botox treatment: Please avoid heat exposure, alcohol consumption, and strenuous exercise for 24 hours after a treatment and avoid lying flat for 4 hours after a treatment. I would advise my patients  SHOW MORE to avoid any heating pads on the skin for 24 hours. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Heated Blanket After Botox

I don't believe that the heated blanket should have any affect on your Botox. 

Should you be concerned, I'd recommend speaking with your skilled and qualified injector. 

Take care. 

Botox and heating blanket

I do not believe that use of a heating blanket could affect your Botox.  I also don't believe that lying down affects Botox results.  Best of luck.

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Exercise or Facial Pressure/Movements

In my opinion botox isn't affected by movement, lying, heating pads or anything after treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and heated blanket

There shiould be no effect from using a heated blanket when you have had Botox.  The action has already taken place and there is little you can do to change that other than rubbing the area within 12 hours

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Heated blanket and Botox

Hi

Thanks for the question.  Sleeping with a heated blanket shouldn't affect anything.  I am assuming you didn't have it directly on your face.  Even so, you would just need to wait and see over the next week to see what the effect is, but I doubt you did anything detrimental. 

Good luck

Will sleeping with heated blanket overnight affect Botox?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Use of the blanket after 5-6 hours should not affect your Botox results.  

Will sleeping with heated blanket overnight affect Botox? = Unlikely #fb #botox #botoxinjections #botoxfiller #drmesa

Sleeping with heated  or not heated blanked at least 4 hours after botox injection may not affect the Botox treatment.

Patients are recommended not to lie flat for the next 4 hours following botox injections to prevent migration of the botox that could result in lazy upper eyelid.

Physical exercise activities on the same day after botox injections are not recommended since they could cause bruising at the injection site. Heated pads or heated blankets are not recommended to be used right after botox injection because of the same reason, however, if used at least 4 hours after the injection they should not cause any bruising. 

John Mesa, MD