11 weeks post op bbl. I'm so upset with how my tummy looks. (photos)

It was smooth just above my belly button before now lumpy. Is this my end result of my tummy? I wore my garment for about 6 weeks 23/7 then 8/12 hrs a day until about 10 weeks now I'm wearing a waist trainer sometimes with foam sometimes not. Is there anything I can do? I massage myself everyday. :( I asked my surgeon and I was told give it six months

11 weeks post op bbl. I'm so upset with how my tummy looks.

We usually recommend our patients wear their compression garment for 3 months, though this may not be caused by that, I would recommend you wear it with your foams or an abdominal board as this may be from the front closure. Your doctor should be able to better asses the situation and tell you what can be done.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I would just follow up with your surgeon as swelling can be an issue for several months following a procedure.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I suggest you to put your garment with compression and an abdominal board, it will be better for you to check with your surgeon also what's happening with your skin, you may be developing some skin fibrosis. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question and photos. You did not post any preop photos, so it is difficult to speculate how much you improved. Based on these photos, your general shape is good, your surgeon maybe attempted to sculpt the abdominal wall for you. Although you should wait another 3-4 months for your tissues to bounce back from surgery, you will need a revision. Some of these deep depressions, over-suctioned areas and under-suctioned areas might blend in better over time, it will never look natural. Fat was removed between the rib cage margins with no fat removal over the rib cage under the breasts on either side. Over-resected above the umbilicus as well. Stay close to your plastic surgeon during this early healing period. I would continue with daily massage, ultrasound might help as well. Good luck with your healing.

Recovery from BBL

I agree that waiting more time can help. Continue to massage those areas. It sounds like your surgeon knows your concerns so I would recommend you continue to follow-up with him/her. If you still have major irregularities after 6 months, you'll likely need another procedure to try and smooth those areas out. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX