How many syringes of Juvederm Ultra plus do I need to achieve this look? (photos)

Hello, I know all lips are made different which it means I won't have the exact look, but I still want to get lip fillers either way. I want the "pouty lips." As you can see my top lip is a bit larger than my bottom one. I am just 20 with a normal job this is why I am honestly asking this so I know how much i need to save up before I go and get it done. Which i did my research and where I want to go is 650 per syringe . Thank you !

Amount of Juvederm needed for lip augmentation

This is an extremely difficult question to answer, as it can vary considerably from patient to patient. Every patient who I see in my office has a different idea of what type and degree of augmentation would be best for them. The photos you show do help, but believe it or not, sometimes a patient's desires change once they have some filler injected. For example, some patients who think they desire very large lips are actually very pleased with a more modest amount of filler placed. Many patients who want large lips are very happy with one syringe, while others desire several syringes to achieve their expected result. Here's my best advice: Be very careful when you select your injector. Many injectors will claim to be experts at lip augmentation, but it is more important for them to understand the aesthetics of the lip and know how to create desirable changes. Lip treatment can be deceptively difficult, as many injectors eventually discover. If your injector can't show you any before and after results, you should probably look elsewhere. Good luck with your search! 

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many syringes of Juvederm Ultra plus do I need to achieve this look?

Most models with moderately/extremely full lips get treated with anywhere from 3-7 cc of filler initially, and frequent touch -ups with 1-2 cc additionally.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Lips - how much to inject to create beauty?

Lips are beautiful when they match the face and project youth and vitality.
The amount to inject really depends on detailed examination of the lips, teeth support (lips are supported by teeth) as well as other structures close by. Also, it is important to look at lips when the person smiles to see what is needed for optimal results. 
Generally speaking, it is preferable to start with smaller amounts, like one syringe, and add later if needed. 

As always, I recommend thorough assessment and consultation with experienced doctor prior to proceeding with any treatments.
Best regards and I hope this helps, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Thanks for your question and thanks for sending in the pictures too – they help.  We always recommend that you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon as we have the most experience with the fillers and with doing procedures such as lip augmentation. One thing we always tell people is not to get fooled by trying to see who may be injecting something for less money than another office --- you spend more with the more skilled injectors because we are in fact, more skilled than most, having spent more time learning and teaching and educating on these then most others.  In your case, you do not need more than one syringe injected, if that.  We would want to bring your lip ratios in order and this can be done fairly easily. Again, find the skilled injectors and get it done correctly.  And enjoy Sevierville – for those that do not know that piece of heaven in the Smokey Mountains, some of us are jealous!!

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation Candidate

I would start with 1 syringe of either juvederm or restylane and then top off as necessary. The most important decision is to choose an experienced and expert physician injector who understands your desired result. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat --- Go Slow, Use Cannulas -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase If Unhappy

I
would start with no more than one syringe of Juvederm or Restylane.
You can add more later if you wish later. Please see an expert. Best, Dr.
Emer

Juvederm for Lips

It looks like you would benefit from at least one syringe of Juvederm to your lips. Sometimes more is needed but initial treatment should start conservative. You could always add a second syringe a couple weeks later after any swelling has settled.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Lips

I would recommend using Juvederm ultra plus.  1 syringe is enough to achieve your wish pics.  You have great shape to begin with.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm Ultra Plus

Thank you for your Question. I would start with 1 syringe of Juvederm ultra plus since you have never had filler before and then after two weeks when all the swelling has resolved you can decide if you would like to add more to your lips at that point. Lip filler will usually last between 6-12 months and then more is needed to achieve the fuller look you desire. So make sure you account for this in your budget. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

How to get Kylie Jenner lips

I think it would take about 2 syringes to get your lips to look like Kylie Jenner. Keep in mind that you must go an experienced injector so as to get the best results. Also keep in mind that it might not be possible to get your lips to look exactly like hers. Everyone's anatomy is different. I recommend doing one syringe at first and then coming back in about 2-3 weeks for another assessment and possible injection. This keeps the swelling from being prolonged.

Steven F. Weiner, MD