How Many Session of Laser Lipo is Effective for Losing Belly Fat?

I got an offer for three sessions of laser lipo for $200, if I am wanting to get rid of a little upper and lower ab fat is the sessions enough? I am 23 years old and have two children which is were the fat came from.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello Ladyheartz ! 

The prize seems too low to me and it doesn't seem to me what you are referring to is laser liposuction.  Because laser lipo IS TYPICALLY ONE SESSION.  It sounds as though you are referring to a low level laser treatment such as Zerona or something similar.  This is not actually laser liposuction.

Laser liposuction became very popular  in aesthetic surgery within the last 10 years. There are different types of laser liposuction. But the various types of laser liposuction have similar costs.  I would estimate that a single area of laser liposuction would range from $1000-$2000 depending on the size of the area. A few points, at least i believe worth to mention that the major benefits of laser liposuction have been scientifically studied and it is reported that the skin tightening from the procedure is quicker and better when laser lipo is done. Price varies a great deal and the most important thing is to find a provider that is well skilled in laser liposuction. A board-certified plastic surgeon should be the ones doing these procedures.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction for Belly Fat

Thank you for your question. The price seems too low, and why would you need 3 sessions? See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and determine what you are really being offered for 200.00 a session. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction for belly fat

True laser liposuction with the slim lipo or smart lipo technique produces a dramatic change in abdominal fat.  This is a high skill procedure that is not in the price range you mentioned.  There are various types of external energy devices that employ heat, cool, and other methods that will produce minor changes in the abdominal fat.  I am unaware of any method that could be offered for $200 a treatment that would produce any meaningful change.

John Q. Cook, MD

Multiple sessions not typical for laser lipo

It doesn't sound like what you are referring to is laser liposuction.  Laser lipo is typically done in one session.  It sounds as though you are referring to a low level laser treatment such as Zerona.  This is not actually laser liposuction.

Lawrence Osman, MD