How to combine IPL and V-Beam for Rosacea?

I tried both ipl and vbeam in the past. They both helped,but some redness stayed. I read that combining those 2 treatments is a good option for rosacea. I am wondering how to combine it. Should I do both treatments at the same time,or should I wait. And, how much should I wait after the vbeam to do the ipl and the other way around?

Rosacea - V Beam vs IPL

Rosacea is very complex and a tailored treatment program give the best results. This is because there are many types of rosacea (telengtctatic or capillaries, flushing and redness, acne like rosacea, ocular rosacea and even rhinophyma rosacea.)

To add to the complexity, everyone has different flare factors- Sunlight, stress, foods, chemical irritants, creams, changes in temperature, alcohol. The list goes on.

A detailed history, together with a treatment tailored according to YOUR type of rosacea will give the best results. As a guide, I use a combination of -

1. Lasers ( to treat redness, broken capillaries, rhinophyma, flushing)- best laser is the V BEAM. IPL can be used, but usually not as effective

2. Creams - anti inflammatory

3. Tablets -anti - inflammatory and sometimes low dose Vitamin A.

4. For females- Mineral make up is recommend, over make up that contains parabens.

For the best results, consult a dermatologist for both medical and laser treatment options.

Kind regards

Dr Davin S. Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Rosacea -- ProYellow Laser, Pulsed Dye/Vbeam, Excel V ; combine with clear + brilliant and microneedling

Rosacea cannot be cured, it is improved with lasers.  you will need a series of treatments for improvement and then lasers for maintenance.  I like the proyellow even better for rosacea.  Please see an expert.  Best, DR. Emer.