Does the V-beam laser work on keloids?

Have a painful keloid on the side of my breast. Have done 3 treatments that haven't helped. Should I continue treatments? Will they really help with the pain?

Plato's Scar Serum and lasers for a keloid

Start with Plato's Scar Serum twice daily; followed by a combination of IIT, pulsed dye laser, and topical therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Laser for keloids

At our practice we treat keloids with a multi-laser protocol.  We use Syneron-Candela CO2RE or VBeam.  In some instances we use both.  The CO2RE is great for keloids, stretch marks, acne scars and even vaginal rejuvenation.  

If the concern regarding the keloid scar is color and redness we do multiple Vbeam treatments at monthly intervals. VBeam is gold standard in it's class for redness, rosacea, broken capillaries, facial veins and leg veins.  

For persistent keloids I recommend both.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Keloids on Breasts

Keloids on breasts often respond to V-Beam (for the redness) and intraslesional cortisone injections.  It can take a while for these keloids to improve.  Best, Dr. Green