Does my Botox on day 5 starting to look lopsided in its effect or will this even out? (photo)

I had Botox 5 days ago to my DAO and above eyebrows to create a arch effect and in my upper lip under cupid bow for the lines. also had juvederm to my nasal labial folds. I feel like one side of my face is lifting while the other side is dropping. Does Botox start right to left or was I injected wrong and PS I don't see the Juvederm results at all. Or do I need to wait longer to see if the other side of mouth and eye start to lift?

Botox and Asymmetrical Smile -- Will Resolve in 2-4 Months

It takes 2 weeks to see the final results, if you are asymmetrical it will resolve in 2-4 months.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I agree

I agree with the other Doctor's responses - Please wait 2 weeks for the Botox to fully work and the Juvederm to 'settle' with all the swelling down.  Likely, these will all even out, but if not a small touch up should fix it up.

Kenneth Oleszek, MD
Denver Internist

Asymmetry after Botox

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo.It can take 2 weeks to see full Botox result, so I suggest waiting until then to determine whether you need a touch-up. Juvederm results should be visible immediately, but sometimes partly subsides as swelling resolves. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Results after Botox and Juvederm

Thank you for your question Rieanna. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox and Juvederm are used to enhance various features on the face. Botox can be used to adjust the shape and position of the brows, elevate the corners of the mouth, and address lines above and below the lips, among other things. Similarly Juvederm is common used to address the nasolabial folds. Most people see the results of their Botox treatment 3-7 days after a treatment, but it could take up to two weeks to see full results. The pivotal studies on Botox demonstrated that the maximum effect is seen 14 days after a treatment. So patience is important. After and injectable treatment, but especially after fillers, swelling can occur and could last up to two weeks (sometimes longer). I have my patients return two weeks after a Botox and/or filler treatment to take after photographs and assess the results. It is difficult to assess results by just looking at one photograph without having something to compare it to. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Timing of Botox and Juvederm results

Juvederm results should be immediate. They can change slightly and it settles in over the first 10 days, but it won't cause more volumization. Botox takes up to 10 days for the full effect. It sometimes kicks in at different areas at different times. You should wait the full 10 days for the Botox effects to decide if it is what you wanted. If not what you expected, discuss with your injector and schedule a follow up appointment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Final Result After Botox And Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to see your final result after treatment with Botox and Juvederm.  I would suggest allowing for 2 weeks in order to see your final result before judging.  At that point, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address any concerns and to review your before and after photographs.  It may be that additional product will be required in order to achieve your desired goals.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with Botox and Juvederm.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Botox on Day 5

Botox takes a full 14 days to take effect- follow up with your practitioner if you have an concerns about asymmetry.Juvederm results tend to be seen right away- you may just need more product.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

See only slight asymmetries which could be the norm for your face? Best to allow 4 to 6 months t wear off than start again with many photos...

Botox takes up to 14 days

Hello,Botox can take up to 14 days to work.  Sometimes different locations and muscles of your face will react to the Botox faster than others.  At 5 days, it's still too early to say.  I would wait until the 14 day mark before re-evaluating.Good luck!Dr. Michael Nguyen

Michael Nguyen, MD
Miami Physician

Botox effects

Botox takes two full weeks to fully "kick in" and sometimes as it does, it can make things appear "lopsided". I'd wait the full two weeks and if you are still concerned follow back up with your provider.  Good luck 

Jasmine Mohadjer, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon