Will I need to take time off from work with CoolSculpting?

I am an RN in the ER, very active job. Will I be able to resume work the day after coolsculpting? Planning on treating bra fat, love handles, and abdomen

No downtime

One of the beauties behind CoolSculpting is its lack of downtime. Although you may experience slight discomfort after treatment,  the discomfort is nothing that will take you off your feet. Most patients who get treated with the CoolSculpt resume their regular activities the same day.

Bloomfield Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Returning to Work after CoolSculpting

There are no restrictions after your CoolSculpting treatment.  You may have some swelling, numbness, and tenderness, but for most people the side effects are very minimal.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

No Time Off Necessary, But a Day Off Is Not a Bad Idea

First of all, I want to say thanks for the work you do in the emergency department. I know that's a high-stress job, and it takes a special person to do it well. To answer your question, ZELTIQ advertises CoolSculpting as being a no-downtime procedure, and generally I've found that to be true. However, some patients experience a lingering ache or soreness following this procedure, similar to how you'd feel after a vigorous workout. Only you know how much this may affect your work. To be on the safe side, you may wish to schedule your treatment for the day prior to a break in your work week, so that you have time to rest if necessary. I hope this helped you make your decision!

Thank you for your question. There are no restrictions after CoolSculpting. All the best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

You May Be Able to Return to Work

I understand that an emergency room RN's shift can be physically demanding. Most patients can return to work the day after undergoing a CoolSculpting procedure. Some men and women, in fact, go back to work the same day. But it's important to understand your own tolerance for discomfort, especially if it might affect your ability to perform your job. Swelling, redness, and bruising are all possible side effects. I hope this helps with planning your procedure.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

I am an RN in the ER, will I need to take time off from work with CoolSculpting?

I know most people say no downtime, but when you treat multiple areas you may experience increased swelling and tenderness to the areas treated. If you were just treating your "bra fat" and "love handles" you would be able to return to work no problem. Your abdomen is where you may feel the most discomfort. Possible swelling, tenderness, and skin sensitivity. I would relax for 24 hours prior to returning to working in the ER and assess how you feel.

Stephen Dubin, MD
Las Vegas OB/GYN

CoolSculpting and Daily Activities

Yes you can. That is the beauty of CoolSculpting-non invasive with no downtime. Keep in mind that the numbness, swelling and tenderness could last a week or longer but again, everyone has a different experience. It is safe to say that you will be able to resume your normal activities same day depending on your own personal experience.  

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

ER RN on the GO

As an RN in one of the most rigorous fields of nursing, you are probably in great shape already! Coolsculpting is considered a no downtime procedure. Most people return to normal activities, including exercise, the next day. However, they may feel as though they have already had an abdominal work out, experiencing some abdominal tenderness and possible cramping. If you are treating your abdomen and flanks the same day, you may compound your discomfort. From your nursing experience, you know pain tolerance varies from person to person, and also that any post-procedural discomfort can always be managed. Knowing your own body, use your own best judgement with the help of your treating physician for optimal outcome.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Downtime with CoolSculpting

Dear americangla123:

Thanks for what you do for us all as a busy RN in an emergency room! 

Patients generally do not take any time off from work, and there are no restrictions in activity. I have patients who go to yoga and get into the bow pose the same day as having CoolSculpting to the abdomen, so it's up to you what you do afterward and you can safely do whatever you are comfortable with.

Al the best,
Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting and Results

Yes you can work the day after coolsculpting although you could have pain and swelling with bruising that can last a few weeks.  Best, Dr. Emer.