CoolSculpting or sculpture for bra fat/ thigh fat removal. Will it affect my silicone breast implants?

I am 5'2 120lbs. Active, with stubborn thigh upper back/bra fat and love handles. I have been trying to decide which type of body fat removal procedure I should do. is it best to work out and diet vigourously beforehand in preperation? Will that make a difference in the results?. I am leaning towards sculpture or coolsculpting. I have breast implants as well, will it affect my silicone implants?

Coolsculpt your bra fat

The bra buldge and love handles are difficult areas to exercise away. Coolscupting can be used in those areas and others where there is "pinchable" fat beneath the skin. Fat located beneath the muscle layer is not affected by Coolsculpt, and cannot be treated with Coolsculpt. Silicone implants are generally placed behind the chest muscle, and are far from the bra buldge area. Exercise of any kind before Coolsculpt would not affect treatment outcome one way or another, but you should continue your regimen long-term to maintain your wonderful results after treatment! Good Luck!

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting will not impact your breast implants in any way. If you are concerned, speak with your chosen provider. Ensure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with experience in CoolSculpting.Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpt or SculpSure

Coolsculpting is the non-invasive gold standard for reducing fat pockets around the bra line and on the back. As far as dieting and exercising before your Coolsculpting treatment, it is always a great idea to do so.  This is especially true if you want to do the treatment only once. Remember that it takes most people 90 days to achieve the full results.  Your implants should not be affected if the procedure is done properly.

Cool Sculpt or Sculpture

Cool Sculpt is an excellent procedure for the bra line and love handles depending on your volume. Remember to go to a practice that has both surgical and non surgical options so you get the best outcome and education about your choices. My cool sculpt RN's are excellent at educating our clients about expectations of cool sculpt vs. other options, so seek a great place for your eval! 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is the best non invasive body contouring device

Dear American Gal

Coolsculpting is the best non invasive body contouring in the market.  We have had great success with this procedure.  It is an excellent option to treat the bra fat region.  You do not have to worry about any effect on the silicon implants as this is far away enough from the region treated.  There is no better non invasive treatment for localized areas of fat deposits. For more information on the coolsculpting procedure, you can click on the link

All the best
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

#CoolSculpting vs #SculpSure

Dear americangal123:
Of the noninvasive options for fat reduction, CoolSculpting is still the gold standard, for several reasons. Firstly, it's been around since 2009, and the efficacy and side effects are well understood. Secondly for most people it really is not uncomfortable at all to have the procedure performed, whereas in my experience more patients relate that SculpSure is either painful or in some cases intolerable. Thirdly, and this is not a major difference, although each SculpSure treatment takes only 25 minutes to be completed, the treated area itself is about the size of a pack of cards, and it takes more than eight of these areas to add up to the size of one CoolSmooth applicator and more than 10 of these SculpSure areas to add up to the size of one CoolMax applicator. Since four of these areas can be treated at once with ScupSure, two on each side of the body, you would need more than two cycles of four treatment areas each to equal one treatment with a CoolSmooth applicator and three cycles of SculpSure to treat more fat than that in one CoolMax treatment area. Also, studies with SculpSure have reported up to 24% fat reduction, whereas with a post-treatment massage, CoolSculpting delivers a 28% reduction of fat in the treated area.
SculpSure could be preferable if one has a cold-induced disorder such as circulating cold agglutinins due to chronic active hepatitis, or possibly a history of Raynaud's disease or chilblains.
You need not be concerned about breast implants, and there is no need to work out and diet before treatment unless you are obese!
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD