Lumpy stomach after coolsculpting. Will it go away? (Photos)

I had coolsculpting done 13 days ago and I had been really swollen and in pain since then. The swelling seems to have started going down but I've noticed now that I have a lot of lumps where the applicators were. I was in too much pain to massage them before but I have started to. I am worried they won't go away. i also haven't seen any reviews of anyone with the same issue. Seems like people report one or two lumps. I'm very worried.

CoolSculpting Post-Procedure Side-Effects

After treatment with CoolSculpting, there can be areas of swelling and firmness. Post-procedure side-effects will diminish with time, and the abdomen will become smoother and leaner. It takes 2-3 months for patients to see final results as it takes time for the body to naturally filter and eliminate the frozen fat cells. It is important to communicate any concerns to your board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure you are happy with your results.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy stomach after coolsculping

Thank you for your question. This can be normal and may just subside with time. However, it doesn't hurt to speak with your provider if you are concerned. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lumpy tissue after CoolSculpting

Hi,
 This is a very common issue in the areas of treatment with CoolSculpting.  It sometimes takes a long time for the swelling to subside and sometimes even longer for the lumpy reaction to subside.  Very rarely does the lumpy feeling stay.
 You might want to look at it in a very positive way in that the area treated now has a reaction that indicates that the treatment did have its intended reactivity while the "stunned" fatty cells absorb.
 Be patient...stay close to your doctor...and you should find that you improve effectively.

Continue the Massage, See Your Doctor

Thank you for your question. Some lumpiness is possible after CoolSculpting, and this effect is the primary reason why we recommend massage. Keep using the techniques your doctor suggested. If you don't see any improvement in the lumps after continuing the massage therapy, go back to your doctor for further advice. Good luck to you.

Lumpy stomach after CoolSculpting. Will it go away?

Ms. Debtcollector, 13 days after CoolSculpting it is normal to have residual swelling. The tissue does not always heal at the same time so it is possible to have some irregularities as the tissue is healing. However, I would recommend making a follow up appointment with your CoolSculpting provider to ensure there are not other issues that need to be addressed.

Post treatment lumps

I believe you should wait a bit longer to pass judgement on your cool sculpting. I also don't know what you looked like before but with time I would assume most of this should resolve. Before doing more cool sculpt I would wait and see how you respond at the 90 day mark when we know that your results are evident. Good luck on your journey 

Lumpy stomach after coolsculpting. Will it go away?

Thanks for your question and I am sorry that you are having these problems. Post-procedure pain and swelling can occur following CoolSculpting procedures and that is one of the reasons we all recommend massage or another modality such as the Z-Wave procedure after CoolSculpting to minimize all of this. I would start massaging the area now and over time, I would think that most of this will resolve itself. As always, you should have this and all cosmetic procedures performed in offices of board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons – and if your problem does not resolve, go back to your provider and let them evaluate and recommend appropriate post-procedure care. Good luck.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps after cool sculpting

I believe it's too soon to worry about the "lumps" because only 13 days out ( can still be swollen)  but agree with the below answers. Did you have Cool Max treatments and if so, how many? Remember to always follow up with your provider assuming you went to a reputable practice. I believe this should resolve but hard for me to tell without before pictures of how your skin and tissue looked. Keep us posted. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after CoolSculpting

Lumps and soreness can occur after the CoolSculpting treatment but they usually do go away. it may be a good idea to keep massaging the area

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting and lumps

I recommend massages.. coolsculpting is a non invasive way that uses cooling to kill fat. I find that sculpsure, which uses laser heat is better as it has less downtime. I suggest first consulting with your treating physician! Best, Dr. Emer.