Is it safe to undergo my IPL photo facial treatments whilst on the HCG diet?

IPL (photofacial) and oral HCG treatments

I can't find anything in the literature about safety for treatment with IPL whilst taking HCG.  There are some medications that can make the skin more sensitive to treatments and potentially cause burns or redness.  It is probably unknown at this point. I think if one is worried then it may be best to wait until you are done with the HCG. 

IPL Treatment-- Seek an Expert

Generally, the only planning needed before an IPL treatment is avoiding the sun, tanning beds, and spray tans. A particular diet should have no effect on outcome of the treatment. Please discuss your concerns with your physician before treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

IPL while on HCG diet

Thank you for your question belle079. The IPL photofacial treatment is great for rejuvenating the skin. When having these treatments sun protection is very important before and after the treatment. Other cautions are specific medications and ingredients in the diet that can cause photosensitivity. This treatment has not been studied on women who are pregnant or breast feeding. I recommend speaking with your doctor for specific advice regarding the HCG diet. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician