What Does The Halo Laser Feel Like?

Is the treatment painful? 

Does Halo hurt?

When adequate amount of topical numbing cream is applied(we use a 23/7 cream), the typical patient during treatment describes the pain level as a 2 or 3 out of 10.  Pretty easy.  Once the treatment is completed, you will then go through several hours where you 'feel the burn'.  Ice packs, cold air are all that is needed to manage getting through those first couple hours.   Once the skin 'seals' it is painless and a very predictable healing process.   Most of my patients claim a Halo hurts less than full face corrective BBL.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Halo Laser Treatment

Prior to a Halo treatment, a numbing cream is typically applied (however we have an ability to provide a stronger anesthetic if needed). The patient will have slight discomfort from the treatment and may warm post treatment (as if they had a minor sunburn).  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

What do Scallops feel like?

I'll be totally honest here. When I had it done to me, I couldn't help but picture a seared scallop. At first, I didn't feel much, but it built and built and for awhile I think it hurt.  Afterward, my face was hot and I craved sitting in front of the Zimmer chiller for as long as possible to get rid of the heat. I then drove home with the A/C blowing on my face. I had two beers and within two hours I felt totally fine.

The next day I went about my business as if nothing happened.  

So really, we're talking two hours of feeling really hot, then fine.

You should also know that when I get sick I'm exceedingly useless compared to my wife who went all natural for delivery number 3, so my colorful description of 3 minutes of pain during the last bit of the procedure and the burning afterwards might deserve to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Arlo J. Miller, MD, PhD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

Halo Treatment

The Halo treatment itself is managed will with over-the-counter pain relievers and topical numbing.  Once the treatment is complete, patients normally feel the discomfort of heat radiating from the skin for the first couple of hours.  Once the heat is gone there is no longer any discomfort. Patient do really well with this procedure and I am sure you will too!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo...

Prior to the Halo treatment we apply a numbing cream on your face for 30 to 60 mins.  To also aid in your comfort we offer Motrin and Tylenol if the patient is driving themselves home.  The procedure takes 30-45 mins on average.  It is not painful, however, there is some discomfort.  The sensation of hot on your face after the treatment is normal and subsides typically in an hour or two. 

Dr. Grant Stevens           Marina Plastic Surgery Associates             Marina del Rey, CA              The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Halo

Before a Halo treatment, our office puts on a numbing cream before to make the treatment more pleasant. The laser feels like prickles. I would not describe it as painful but some discomfort. The numbing cream does help and our patients don't feel a thing.  Afterwards, you will feel hot like you just got a sunburn but that feeling will subside within 2-3 hours.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon