Halo Laser Procedure- Day 4 and have white pimples popping up all over? (Photo)

I had Halo laser procedure done on my face 4 days ago. As the material stated, my face turned red, swelled, turned to bronze color with dots and started flaking. Day 3 my face no longer looked like a chunky Asian face- my face was huge, however my eyes remain being swelled badly. I am at day 4 post and most of the bronze has flaked off and my skin is red, however, I now have little white pimples all over my face. I did not read anything about this the pimples- any advise?

Common Skin Reaction after Halo

Those little white pimples are called Milia and are a skin reaction to the treatment. It is very important that you contact your doctor as they can address this by either 'unroofing' the Milia or prescribing an exfoliating agent to help improve this condition which is self limited, and temporary. 

INFECTION following laser- see your specialist.

This is super common and very easy to fix and recognise. Your specialist who performed this procedure will do the swabs and place you on antibiotics. For high density setttings, I usually place my patients on antibiotics BEFORE the procedure, but each doctor is different. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

White pimples advice!

Hi, What you are experiencing is not an uncommon reaction. In my practice I usually give antibiotics for deeper treatment, specially if a patient is acne prone,  but this is my personal preference. Those white spots could be acne break out, and is a reaction to the treatment. The best thing is to see you provider and he/she will decide how to treat it.  Most likely you will be put on an antibiotic treatment. 

Best, Dr. RG

Jose Roberto Ramirez Gavidia, MD
Nashville General Surgeon

Pimples common in acne prone skin

Thanks for the great question. I've found that patients who have acne prone skin or hormonal acne then to have a small breakout for the first 4 weeks after the treatment. This occurs because the Halo treatment causes damage and swelling to the skin around the pores which causes the pores to close up. Once the pore is closed from the swelling, the bacteria deep in the skin proliferate and cause acne. If you have a propensity towards getting acne, your doctor may be able to prescribe you an antibiotic to help eradicate the bacteria. Best of luck and I hope you love your results!

~Dr. Sieber

David A. Sieber, MD
Bay Area General Surgeon

Milia After Halo

You are experiencing a common complication called milia. Usually, they will resolve on their own. However, consult your treating physician as he or she knows the scope of your treatment and the specifics about you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

White pimples after Halo Laser Treatment

The small white bumps that you may be seeing are known as milia -they are not pimples.  It is typical after most resurfacing procedures on the fact that on occlusive ointment (e.g. Aquaphor, Bacitracin, etc..) is used to calm the skin; as well as, accelerate the healing.  The occlusive nature of these ointments also obstructs the natural openings of the oil glands to the surface of the skin, causing the oil they produce to build up, and thus resulting in the visible little “white pimples” in the skin..   However, they usually resolve on their own by the body absorbing them. Rarely they persist, but if so would be corrected with an extraction in the provider’s office.  I would suggest mentioning it to the provider or the Laser Practitioner at your follow up or sooner if any other you have other concerns.  It is important that you not pick at these to try and “extract” them yourself.

Hope you found this answer helpful.  All the best with your recovery! 

Burke Robinson, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo

This looks like acne- most likely related to the aftercare- it can clog your pores.

If someone has any propensity towards acne I give oral antibiotics with Halo- can help substantially.

Follow up with your provider as they can help.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo - Break Out

Please follow up with the provider who performed the treatment.  They can effectively analyze the skin to address your concerns.  It may be that you need to be placed on a round of short-term orals for the outbreak. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

White Pimples

Does your face feel itching as well.? Two complications after any laser treatment could be a herpes outbreak or yeast infection. It can be avoided with washing your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Go see your Dr. for a follow up. They might prescribe you DiFlucan or Acyclovir depending what it looks like and what other symptoms you  are experiencing. 

Robert G. Aycock, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Halo Laser and Now With Pimples What Do I Do?

This is a common "complication" from people who get fractional resurfacing and needs to be treated with oral antibiotics and topical acne medication. I suggest speaking to your physician but this will improve with the right course of short term treatment. Best, Dr. Emer.