How soon after Botox can Halo laser treatment be done?

I have scheduled botox injection (eyes) then 2 weeks later getting my second Halo laser treatment (1st Halo done done 3 months ago) Is 2 weeks enough time between botox and Halo or should they be spread further apart?

Two weeks, in my opinion, is plenty of time. However, run this question by the physician doing your laser treatment to make sure that they agree. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo and Toxin

Our office would perform a Halo treatment 2 weeks after Botox injections.  It never hurts to do the Halo first and then follow with the Botox.  Good luck and enjoy your Halo!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox before Halo, what is the appropriate timing?

In my practice, I prefer to do Botox or Dysport injections at least 2 weeks before any Halo procedure.  The reason is that, with the Halo laser procedure, you will have a small degree of swelling.  In theory, this swelling can push the botox to other parts of the face that we do not want it.  When this happens, the Botox can affect muscles in the face that we don't want to target with the Botox.  This can lead to unwanted results such as drooping of the eye brow which would then take around 3 months to recover.  It is always best to be cautious in order reduce the risk of unwanted results.  I hope this helps.  Best of luck to you.  

Jeffrey G. Lind II, MD
The Woodlands General Surgeon

Timing between Botox and Halo

Two weeks is more than enough time for Botox to lock in and allow other treatments to be given.  Rule of thumb in our office is that Botox should never be injected same day as any procedure is done that causes swelling and it should never be injected into a face that is swollen for any other reason.  Swelling can push Botox out of positions a result in relaxing muscles you never intended to relax. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox B

Two weeks post Botox injections is absolutely appropriate for a Halo treatment. 

Dr. Grant Stevens Marina         Plastic Surgery Associates                   Marina del Rey, CA          The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Timing of Botox post

Two weeks is a conservative number. Many patients will have a halo treatment much sooner post botox treatments. You treating physician will be best able to advise you as he or she understands the scope of the treatments and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox and Halo

You should be fine to get your Halo treatment two weeks after Botox injections. For completeness and safety, let your treating physician know about your Botox treatment.

Botox and Halo- two weeks apart?

Two weeks should be plenty of time between Botox and Halo.  The concern would be that the Halo causes swelling which may cause the Botox to spread beyond the points where it was injected- once the swelling from the Botox injections has subsided (usually in 1-2 days) doing a laser like the Halo should be fine.  This, of course, would be something to ask your treating physician as there may be other reasons they want to space your treatments out further.
Thanks for the question!

Halo and Botox

Hello, 2 weeks should be plenty of time. Of course, let your provider know that you recently had a Halo treatment so that they are aware. Best of luck.

Michael E. Jones, MD

Enough time

Two weeks is a good interval of time to wait between your Botox and Halo laser treatment. You should be fine.