Chin Liposuction Recovery Supplies: What's Recommended?

To help prepare for chin liposuction, what are some essential recovery supplies one would need to be comfortable and have successful results.

Recovery from chin liposuction details.

For my patients I recommend  preoperative avoidance of blood thinners to reduce bruising and swelling and postoperative avoidance of salty foods and excessive exertion to lessen post surgical swelling.  Keeping your incision clean per your plastic surgeon's instructions is important as is the use of a compressive band to support your skin and allow and encourage its contraction.  This is a procedure that usually is not particularly painful and the greatest difficulty is being seen with a headband in place LOL.  Good luck and enjoy your results.

Recovery supplies

We supply surgery patients with the Vitamedica Recovery Program, including Bromelaine, Arnica and a 14 day supply of AM and PM vitamins.  They also receive a scar crème and topical arnica for bruising.  We also always provide compression garments in their packets as well.  I would check with your surgeon and  make sure that they educate you fully on your recovery. 

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction Recovery

After your procedure you will go home with a compression garment.  It is most important to use this device in the post operative period.  Your best result will be obtained if you keep the garment smooth and secure against the freshly liposuctioned skin as it re-drapes over the area under the chin.  Our office provides this garment for you.

Avoid excessive sodium in the weeks postoperatively.  Arnica and Bromelaine are available in many health food stores and are of benefit in reducing bruising.  Submental liposuction is an outstanding choice to address this common area of patient concern.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Recovery supplies for Neck liposuction

In our practice, we supply all necessary prescriptions which patients must fill prior to the surgery.