Chin Augmentation or Injections?

I've never liked my profile because of my chin. Would chin injections be sufficient to get an idea? Or is chin augmentation the only way? I'm not particularly fond of my large forehead either. Is that something that can be fixed? Any other recommedations?

Chin Augmentation or Filler for Weak Chin

Good question.  Fillers do work relatively well but it really depends upon your goals.  If you want to correct your receded chin and completely rectify your profile than an implant would be the way to go.  This is a relatively simple procedure that can be done under conscious sedation and local anesthesia.  The down time in about 4 to 7 days with this approach.  Most surgeons will recommend a silastic or silicone implant but, for a number of reasons, I prefer an implant that literally becomes part of you called the Medpore implant. 

If you are adverse to surgery or do not feel that you need to get complete correction, a filler would work well.  i like Bellafill which is essentially permanent and gives great results for this problem.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Chin contour

The magnitude of the chin deficiency will require a genioplasty. This is a positive issue since it improves the submental area and both frontal and profile views. The forehead has to be assessed clinically. Hair 'lowering procedures' are possible but overall proportional balance has to be examined.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive bony chin profile which is an under development the mandible. Temporary filler injections do not work well in this area since they are usually used for soft-tissue applications, not for bony augmentation. Chin implants are the gold standard for this type of an issue. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes which is best determined time the consultation, since the chin and the implants are both three-dimensional structures. Chin implants are usually placed through a small incision below the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. In our practice, we have been using Implantech silastic chin implants for the last 25 years with an excellent success rate. For more information, diagrams of the implants and many before-and-after results of chin implants,  please see the link and the video below