Did cheek filler cause an indention? (Photo)

I received one syringe of juvaderm in the cheek area. I had very bad bruising and swelling. I'm now one month out and have a noticeable indention that doesn't go away unless I smile. Do I need more filler or should I have the filler removed. I look worse than before!

Voluma works better than Juvederm in the cheek area

Mike,

I suggest a touch-up or corrective treatment with a different product, Voluma.  Juvederm is too hydrophilic for the cheek area and thus causes too much swelling and risks uneven contour.  Voluma is less hydrophilic i.e draws in less fluid to the injected area, so there is less swelling and usually a more precise result.

Good luck!

Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek Augmentation With Fillers, Fat, Sculptra, Implants

I suggest posting before and after photos.  These are malar bags (swelling) that needs to be lasered or camoflaged with more fillers. I suggest you see an expert who uses cannulas to limit bruising.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Indentation following Juvederm injections into cheeks

Thank you for posting your question and photos. First, there are better products to use in the cheeks than Juvederm. From the photos, it appears that a minimal amount of filler needs to be injected into the depression to smooth out the area. See sn experienced/expert injector for dermal filler injections. 
Good luck,

Cheek indention after Juvederm

This is not the ideal area for Juvederm. 2 options, remove it or add to it. Fillers good for this area are Voluma, Sculptra, Bellafill, Lyft, and Radiesse. Remember things need to be symmetric and you need to add to the other side too, if you add more.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Indention

I can see an indentation on your right upper cheek area. You need a more deep dermal filler for the cheek area, such as Radiessee, Voluma or Restylane Lyft. Juvederm is not really for this area of the face. It can be dissolved though if that is what you choose to do.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Cheek indentation post facial filler

Thank you for your question and post. The first picture shows the indent in the posterior 1/3 of the cheek and can be corrected with more Radiesse. 

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Did cheek filler cause an indention?

Hello Seattlemike36,

Your photo clearly shows your indentation.  Your options are to fill in the area of indentation or to inject the material that removes it. If you like the overall result except for the indention, then I would add more filler.  If you don't like any of the result then you should dissolve the product.  Discuss your concerns with your injector who can also help you make the right decision.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Cheek Fillers NYC

It appears that you need more filler for the area of the mid face.  I would consider Juvederm Voluma for the cheek area.  This should improve the appearance of the indentation.  Best, Dr. Green