Seattle Micro-needling Doctor Recommendations

I have 40 year old burn scars on legs, bottom and inner thigh area on one leg I also have old skin graft scars. What do you think about Micro-needling? I have already spent thousands on laser treatments with little improvement. Do you know any good doctors in the Seattle area?

It depends

Hello

You can use a needle to undermine the burn depressed scars - this may help a little.  The next best is to fill the area undermined with your own fat.  this seems to work the best in my hands.  A great deal depends on your expectations and the doctors experience.

It depends

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello

Burn scar treatments

What are you trying to improve - color or texture or both? There are different types of lasers and they have different indications. You should seek out a board certified plastic surgeon since they have the most experience with burn scars and the various treatment modalities. Micro-needling in theory stimulates collagen development, but I have not seen any significant results in the literature and do not do it at present.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Burn scar treatments

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon