Scar Removal Treatment for Indented Scars?

I have a indented scratch scar on my cheek. Its not red just indented. What treatment will remove this? I really hate it.

Doctor Answers 4

Treating depressed or indented scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are various treatment options for indented scars. The options should be reviewed with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Your options include: laser resurfacing or dermabrasion, surgical excision/scar revision, or chemical &/or physical subcision. Another option would be injection of a filler under the scar to lift it out. Talk to your doctor about your best option as far as safety, effectiveness, and cost. If there are any colour issues, then a laser can be used as an adjunct.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Evaluation first.....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


To figure what to do to improve a scar, an evaluation by an experienced surgeon is required. You might be a candidate for a scar revision operation.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Many treatment options for indented scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many modalities to correct indented scars. From scar revision, multiple z plasties, fillers, ILP, laserbrasion, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or any combinations of these. Go see well qualified and boarded Plastic Surgeons so an in person evaluation of the 'indented scar" can be done.

Scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is difficult to suggest what to do without examining you and getting a proper history. It is unusual for a simple scratch to cause a depression. Is there swelling around the region or is it truly depressed?

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.