I have a scar inside lip after removal biopolimer gel. Will it heal or do I need surgery to remove it? (Photo)

I have a scar inside low lip after removal biopolimer gel. Is this scar disappear someday orNEED to remove surgical? Thank you.

I have a scar inside lip after removal biopolimer gel. Will it heal or do I need surgery to remove it?

Very, very hard to remove these dangerous illegal substance. The surgery to remove can cause scarring by the body's reaction to the substance and the operation incisions. Only attempts rot remove surgically can maybe ...help. But again why do you all ALLOW a non doctor to inject your face is beyond me

Biopolimero injection removal in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in the removal of biopolimero injections from the lips. In some cases, the swelling may require additional surgical treatment.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

The answer depends upon how old the scar is. Time, massage and possibly a steroid injection can be very helpful. If the mass there is 6-12 months old it is more likely that you will require a small surgical procedure to remove the scar tissue and smooth the contour of the left side of your lower lip. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon