My dental crown had/has a poor fit and has been adjusted twice but I am still experiencing pain my teeth. Any suggestion?(photo)

I am having a lot of pain in my teeth since getting my permanent dental crown. The crowned tooth feels fine, but 2 of my top front teeth are in pain (from the bite being off, my bottom teeth were hitting the top teeth). The bite has been adjusted twice, the bite feels better but these teeth are still hurting a lot (they NEVER hurt before the placing of the crown). Its been 4 days since the last adjustment.

Front teeth pain after crown #DrSoftTouch

Sometimes, when a tooth is restored, it causes your bite to be off and that can affect your other teeth. I would recommend returning to your dentist to have your bite evaluated again until your teeth are coming together properly.  I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Pain in teeth. tooth adjusted

Dear Celes1997:

I am so sorry to hear of your pain.  It is not normal and you should not rush into performing any treatment without a proper diagnosis.

First of all, talk to your dentist.  If your dentist is responsive, have him check the crown and the bite issue.  If your dentist is uncertain, the next step is to see a specialist called a Prosthodontist to check the bite and make sure that the crown in the back is not affecting your front teeth adversely.  You do grind your teeth and any shift in the bite can result in pain.  A vitality test of the teeth by an endodontist might be needed as well, but it sound as if your problem is due to the bite.

Front Teeth Pain

From the photos, your front teeth look as though you grind on them. They are very flat. Sometimes, when a back tooth is restored, your bite can get thrown off and that can affect other teeth. In your case, it's the front ones. Your bite needs to be evaluated again and maybe in various jaw positions to see if there are incorrect contacts. 

Pain after crown

Thanks for posting the pictures. If you are suddenly contacting more on the front teeth now that you've had a back crown placed it means that things are definitely not fitting together correctly. Making adjustments to the crown is a possibility. The crown may also need to be replaced. I suggest visiting with your dentist and sharing your concerns.  From the picture the crown appears over-contoured and fat. this could be displacing your jaw. Remaking the crown is the best way to correct the problem No root canal is needed. 

Dental crowns

Hi, thanks for write... Did you do root canal on those teeth? Is the first step before put a dental crown over front teeth, if not, you need to do it. Good luck. 

Jepssy Beltre, DDS DDSC
Dominican Republic Dentist

Pain in Dental Crown

After permanent crown these symptoms are most often to happen but you should consult with your dentist regarding these problems. 

Below mention are the common problems after permanent dental crown:

1) Tooth pain - Ache, throbbing, pain when biting.

2) Sensitivity - Thermal (hot/cold), sensitivity to air.

3) "Bite" issues - Irregular bite, tenderness when biting.

4) What to do if a permanent crown comes off or you swallow it.

Shahin Safarian, DMD
San Diego Dentist