Bruised or burned after IPL session. Is it permanent? (Photo)

I had a session of ipl yesterday. I had ipl sessions before and they were always turned up fine. However with this last one, I notice that one darkened area (blueish color) that is in the shape of the ipl bar. The superficial skin is intact and it feel like normal skin. No pain or burning sensation. I have only one area and i treated my whole face. Is this area burned or bruised? I read that one can get bruised during ipl session. If this is burn, is it permanent?

Knowing What's Normal with IPL--add microneedling/prp

Yes, it is normal to have some discoloration or "coffee-ground" like spots after IPL. It can take 1-2 weeks for this to resolve. I usually recommend a combination of treatments with IPL for best results. I suggest adding microneedling/prp and skin care to improve skin quality and tone. I recommend a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer