Can IPL negatively affect the skin's elasticity in the long term? (Photo)

Got IPL (2014): 4 sessions to treat sun damage. I was 28 at the time. 1st year: skin was visibly brighter/clearer. Over past 8 months I've noticed orange-peel texture + development of small lines all over my face, from crows feet down to jaw, also on nose, cheeks, etc. It's like my skin has rapidly aged. Is it possible for IPL to penetrate to the level of dermis responsible for keeping skin tight/firm? What's best way to treat orangepeel texture, decreased elasticity? Would chemical peels work?

Skin Elasticity & IPL

Hello!

Thank you for your question! IPL shouldn't have a negative effect on your skin elasticity. With that being the case, the changes in your skin might be due to the aging process. 

Ultimately, it is difficult to give the most accurate estimation of your condition over digital communications. Consult with a cosmetic professional near you for more information and advice. 

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician

Increased Elasticity with Lasers, microneedling/prp, ultherapy, thermage

Ipl shouldn't negatively impact skin tightness or firmness. Lasers, microneedling/prp, ultherapy/thermage and skin care can improve skin elasticity, texture and wrinkles.  Deep peels and fillers can also give improvement. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer