What is the average cost of foam sclerotherapy on the hands and forearms for women in Los Angeles? (Photo)

I am a young 33 year old woman with bulging hand veins. I live in the Santa Monica area and would like to know if there are any doctors in my area who specialize in treating hand veins. Specifically, I would like to know what the average price range is for foam sclerotherapy. I would consider fillers, however, I am less inclined to have a procedure that will need to be repeated yearly and will cost more in the long run.

Hand vein treatment.

Hand veins can be treated by a number of methods including sclerotherapy, endovenous laser and removal through tiny incisions.  The treatment cost depends on the type of procedure done.  Laser and microphlebectomies usually require one treatment but may require several follow up sessions.  Sclerotherapy will require several sessions for injection and evacuations of clotted blood.  I usually use a combination of sclerotherapy for the smaller veins and laser for the larger veins.  The results are very good and I would recommend this treatment over fillers.  The cost will vary depending on the procedure done and the amount of follow up appointments necessary.  In my practice, I give  a one time fee per hand which covers the initial treatment and 3 follow up visits.

Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy on hands -- Consider fillers or laser treatment

I have done hand foaming sclerotherapy for years I often try to get people to avoid doing this as years later having these veins are helpful. The cost of sclerotherapy will vary from practice to practice. Fillers and lasers are alternative treatment options. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Hand sclerotherapy

As you mentioned, sclerotherapy of hand veins permanently removes veins, unlike fillers that usually needs to be repeated every year.
In our clinic, we use either straight sclerotherapy for mild and moderate bulging veins  or combined (sclerotherapy +microphlebectomy, i.e. vein avulsion through tiny holes on skin) and both techniques provide excellent  immediate and permanent cosmetic results.
Based on the picture you provided, sclerotherapy only will be sufficient enough for your hand vein. We do charge $400 per hand for treatment and pretty much guarantee the results of the treatment.
Along the price, please, you should make sure that procedure is performed by certified by ABVLM vein specialist at accredited vein facility.

Vahe Melkonyan, MD
Sherman Oaks Phlebologist