Tummy tuck in couple days and I take adderall 10MG daily?

I am having a tummy tuck in a few days. I am currently taking adderall 20mg daily. The surgeon hasn't told me if I need to stop taking it in advance. Is this normal?

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon prior to your operation.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery, The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Medication before surgery

Thank you for your question.In my practice, I don't tell my patients they have to come off their adderall before surgery, just do not take it on the day of the procedure.  Each doctor may have different protocols, so definitely check with your chosen surgeon. Be sure to follow your plastic surgeon's pre and post operative instructions carefully and best of luck in your recovery!

Fred Hackney, MD

Adderall and Surgery

Hi nicnac34.
I can't speak to "normal".  
I would recommend that you contact your doctor for guidance.  You should also get a call from the surgery center, so you can ask them as well.
All the best.
Sek

Adderal use

Thank you for  your question. Adderall should not have any effect on your surgery. Your surgeon and  anesthesiologist should be aware of all the medications and supplements that you may be taking, but adderall use alone should not effect a successful outcome of surgery.
Best wishes,Michael Morrissey, MD