Is the clear + brillant laser treatment safe on African American skin to help achieve an even skin tone?

I would like to even my skin tone, I have extremely large pores in my t-zone area & I was hoping some sort of laser treatment, such as a clear + brilliant laser treatment would be a good option? I have dark skin and I'm concerned about hyperpigmentation.

Clear & Brilliant safe for all skin types

Hi klicious18! That is correct, Clear & Brilliant would be a great option for you as this laser is completely safe for all skin types. For optimal results - you will need 5-6 treatments spaced two to four weeks apart. Combining these treatments with a topical skincare regimen such as Vitamin C, Retin-A, and hydroquinone will also provide great benefits. Hope this helps! 

Dr. Monika Kiripolsky

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Clear & Brilliant

The Clear and Brilliant would be a good option for you to safely address pores size and even out skin tone. While the Clear and Brilliant is very safe for all skin types, you should avoid sun exposure after each treatment to minimize the possibility of hyper-pigmentation. 

Be Well

Scott Gerrish, DO
Vienna Physician

Clear and Brilliant

The wonderful benefit of C and B is that it is safe to use on any skin type, we have two machines and they stay busy all the time due to the spectacular results that patients see.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Clear + Brilliant is safe in all skin types

Clear + Brilliant when performed by an experienced provider with the appropriate settings is safe in all skin types including the higher Fitzpatrick skin types. I often combine Clear + Brilliant with microneedling for best results. Since microneedling does not generate heat, the risk of hyperpigmentation with it is minimal and so it is even safer then most fractional lasers in darker skin types. 

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician