How soon after Clear + Brilliant laser can I resume the Obagi Nu Derm system?

Clear + Brilliant Post Care

I recommend you use only nonabrasive, nonirritating and noncomedogenic skincare products including a gentle cleanser and bland moisturizer for a few days after the treatment. Once the skin has returned to normal, after any sloughing or sandpaper texture has resolved, you can restart your normal skincare regimen including the Obagi Nu-Derm system. 

For my Clear + Brilliant patients, particularly those who get treated with the 1927 nm Permea handpiece, I recommend a topical skincare regimen that includes SkinCeuticals CE Ferrulic. This antioxidant by SkinCeuticals was the one used in the initial studies demonstrating up to 17x increased skin permeability to topical skincare products after C+B treatment.

Clear + Brilliant Post Care

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Skin Care after C&B

I recommend you use gentle products for the first 4-5 days.  You should also use a nutrient serum (like a vitamin C or hydrating serum).  After this time, you should notice the "sandpaper" feeling on the surface has gone away.  At that time, you can resume your normal skin care routine (including all of the Obagi products).

Tracy B. Evans, MD, FAAD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Care after C&B

Tracy B. Evans, MD, FAAD
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon