How can I make my waist smaller after Tummy Tuck? (photos)

I am currently 17 days post op and Im 32 inches around my waist. My goal was a 28 after my swelling goes down I highly doubt my waist would go to a 28. I'm currently 158 5'6 I have no desire on weighing less than 150! What are some ways for me to achieve a smaller waist after a tummy tuck without losing a large amount of weight!? Should I under go more lipo?

Ambitious goals

and I hope you get there.  But as the others have said, you must just give yourself time to heal and once healed (3-6 months after), then you can evaluate your results and if not at your goal, then look for places where improvements can be made.  If you waist can't get smaller, consider plumping your hips to give the illusion of a very narrow waist.  If there is excess fat, liposuction can certainly help. 

Unhappy with waist after tummy tuck

• Your tummy tuck was less than 3 weeks ago.
  • You are still swollen - you need to give it time.
  • Losing 6 pounds to get to 150 will make all the difference if your waist is still too large after swelling subsides. You will probably lose another 2 inches from swelling and an 8 pound weight loss is likely to take you down another 1.5 inches. Best wishes.

Post op Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is still to sooner after surgery to determine the final size of your waist. Please allow 3 to 6 months and if you are still unhappy, you can look at other options to help your achieve your desired results.

How can I make my waist smaller after Tummy Tuck?

After 3 months healing you can have directed liposuction for the waist as a secondary operation. But there are risks you should be aware of./// 

Early result after abdominoplasty surgery

You should expect to see 50% of your result at 6 weeks and 80% at 3 months.  You need more time before your start to judge your final result.  From your photographs you appear to be right on target for 17 days post op.  

Smaller Waist

Thank you for your pictures. Your results here's to be very good. You're only 17 days out from surgery. Your waist should continue to improve over the next two and half months. I would wait waited until to that time for you make final judgments about the measurement of your waist. If you want to have a smaller waist even after three months the best thing to do is exercise more to achieve a small of  weight-loss.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson Junior MD DDS FA CS

Narrower waist after tummy tuck

You are still very swollen so it's hard to tell what your final waist measurement would be.  If you're still not happy, you could get liposuction of maybe a non-invasive fat reduction treatment such as CoolSculpt.