Which lip filler is best for a natural look? (Photo)

I'm interested in getting lip augmentation. I want it to look extremely natural and only to enhance the shape of my lips. Which product is best and how long do they usually last?

Restylane, Juvederm and belotero are great lip fillers.

Lip fillers tend to last 3-6 months and are easy to undergo under local nerve blocks to make it more comfortable.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation and Natural Look

Finding the best combination of lip fillers is based both on anatomy and desired results.  An in office consultation is the only way to ascertain what are the desired expectations and produce the most natural results.  

Natural looking lip augmentation.

Please be careful in choosing your aesthetic treatment medical professional.  Bad outcomes and complications are common in this area.

The doctor and appropriate staff should be very experienced in the treatment of lips and be very knowledgeable of the anatomy of the central face especially.

Some materials are not suitable for injection into the lips and yet I often see patients who have had these inappropriate fillers used elsewhere.

In achieving a safe and natural look the technique is as important as the material chosen for the treatment.

Generally, one or two of the HA's ( hyaluronic acid products) are usually used for the best aesthetic results.

Victor Michalak, MD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers

There are many different fillers on the market for increase the volume of your lips. They tend to differ in thickness, cost, and longevity. In my experience, the softer fillers give the best "natural" result, but the "thicker" fillers give a longer lasting result. Pick a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist and talk to them about what they offer and what would complete your look! Good luck.

Lip augmentation

I appreciate your question.
I think each of the fillers has a slightly different use.
You just need some volume so any will work well.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Filler

Juvederm is a very safe filler that gives natural results that can last up to one year. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who does lots of fillers and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Which lip filler is best for a natural look?

Your results are much more dependent upon the injector than the product. I prefer Juvederm or Restylane. However, Perlane and Restylane Silk as well as Belotero also work well. It goes without saying but avoid Voluma, Radiesse, Bellafill and Sculptra in your lips. Hyaluronic acid fillers in the hands of an experienced physician injector create very consistent beautiful results and they are reversible if something isn't perfect. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon