Traditional lipo, Smart Lipo or Cool Sculpting- which is better for arms?
Doctor Answers 16
Smartlipo best for your arms
Arm Fat and Results
You might also like...
Smartlipo is for you
Best option for best looking upper arms
The best treatment most certainly depends on how loose your skin and how much of it there is. Cool Sculpting will modestly decrease the amount of fat in your arms, but will do nothing to tighten the skin. Traditional liposuction can remove a much larger volume of fatty tissue, but will also do nothing to tighten your loose skin and may even exacerbate the issue by creating more loose skin due to volume loss. If you are an appropriate candidate that has moderate fat deposits and moderately loose skin, Smart Lipo is a very good treatment solution. Small laser and liposuction cannulas are utilized to break up the fatty tissue and remove it, then the laser is utilized again to treat the under-surface of the skin which creates new collagen and thickens/tightens the skin. If you have an excess of loose skin/fat, the best solution would be a surgical arm lift or brachioplasty. An exam is the only way to definitively answer your question about which treatment is best for you, and will give you optimal results. Please seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to explore your options. Best wishes!
What is the best way to reduce sagging fat arms?
Treating Arm Fat and Sagging Skin
Arms----lipo, laser lipo or CoolSculpting?
Liposuction of the arms is a very rewarding procedure for someone who has skin that has not lost too much of its natural elasticity (there has to be the ability of the skin to respond to the stimulus; it can't be totally stretched out).
I don't perform CoolSculpting because I can do liposuction, with, or without laser assistance. Liposuction always yields more precise, complete, and faster results than freezing the fat.
Have the procedure done by a board-certified plastic surgeon with ample experience with SmartLipo.
In my opinion, having a procedure done awake is by far preferable.
Just as location is the most important part of real estate, so is experience when it comes to SmartLipo.
Best of luck,
Mats Hagstrom, M.D.
Best treatment for fat removal in the arms.
- Cool sculpting is likely to disappoint you - it simply reduces the fat with freezing.
- Smart liposuction compared to traditional liposuction is more likely to leave visible irregularities.
- I have found traditional liposuction with a small cannula to be very good for a sculpted arm reduction when there are no stretch marks or significant looseness of skin.
- If there is significant skin looseness, you may end up disappointed with any of these treatments so be sure your surgeon discusses not only your options, but a likely realistic outcome.
- The machine really isn't the issue - it is the care the surgeon takes with the technique that works best in her/his hands.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.