Can subsequent Kybella treatments be spaced out further than the recommended 4 - 6 weeks? Say 4 - 6 months even?

Spacing your Kybella treatments

Yes, it is perfectly alight to space the Kybella injections months apart. It is mandatory to wait at least 4 weeks between injections, but if you want to wait longer, that is totally up to you. It will not adversely affect your results.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Best interval for Kybella treaments- the sweet spot might be 2 months

That is a great question.  The studies suggest waiting at least one month between treatments.  Having said that, I have patients that are reporting continued improvement for at least 2-3 months.  You will be swollen after the initial injection with the swelling lasting up to 3-4 weeks before your are "back to where you started", with the significant swelling being better after a week or so in most. After week 4 you will see the area shrink and the skin tighten for at least the next month, and some patients tell me 2  months.  You may fall into the group that wants to get there full treatment over asap and comes back each month for the treatments to get to your "end point" as soon as possible.  But you may also want to see the full results of your injection before proceeding.  "Slow and steady wins the race" for many of my patients.  I think the sweet spot is 2 months-you have seen most of the improvement by then and can judge if you are probably going to want another treatment and go ahead, or wait if you are very close to where you are satisfied for the slight additional improvement.  But remember that most patients choose  to have 2-4 treatments.  But you also don't miss a "window of opportunity" by waiting longer than 2 months for an additional treatment.  So you can wait and come back whenever it is convenient to your schedule.  I think that 4-6 months after a treatment is longer than most patients need to wait to make a good decision of needing/wanting additional Kybella.  

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella treatment intervals

Thank you for your question. Kybella can be spaced out anywhere from four weeks to many months between treatment.  I would not do treatments any sooner than four weeks. I would also recommend that we wait until all signs of inflammation including nodules resolve prior to the next treatment.

Kybella sessions

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can have your Kybella sessions spaced out longer than the 4-6 weeks.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella

Thank you for your question in regards to Kybella. Yes, Kybella treatments can be spread out to fit your schedule. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fine to space out Kybella

It is OK to space out the time for Kybella if it suits your lifestyle.
The repeat treatments can be configured to your improving chin as the Kybella takes effect.
Dr. Denkler

Hello Adg445,

They can be spaced farther apart, just not closer.  But this does mean it will take you that much longer to get your result.  It is important to realize that it will take at least 2 treatments and up to 4 to get the result you want.  If you have treatments spaced out too much there can be weight fluctuations in the meantime which can affect your apparent result.  

I would recommend you discuss your treatment goals and timeline with your physician.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Time between Kybella treatments

This is a great question that I have been asked by several patients. While we do recommend you get your Kybella treatments within 4 to 6 weeks of each other so that you see the results as soon as possible, it is ok to space them out if you'd like. Just keep in mind that the longer you wait in between Kybella treatments, the longer it will take to achieve your final goals. You should see improvement after each treatment session though. Please consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to see if you are a good candidate for Kybella treatments. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Kybella Treatments

It is best to space out the Kybella treatments in the proper intervals to have the results be effective and to see the patient in follow up.  Four months would be at the far end and I would not recommend six months.  Please consult an expert. I often recommend Thermage with Kybella as well to tighten up the jowls and lower face. Best, Dr. Green

Kybella

Yes Kybella injections can be spaced further apart.  Many times 1-2 treatments are all that is necessary to treat the double chin.