How Much Does a Jaw Implant/Chin Implant Cost? and What Are the Safest Type to Use? (photo)

I'm also curious if there is an implant for both Jaw & Chin? I would like to have a square jaw in order to avoid having Rhinoplasty and keep my natural noise. WOuld the jaw chin implant balance my noise look!

Silastic Implants Preferred for Chin Implant Surgery Which Costs in $4,000 Range

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Improving the contours of your chin and jaw area is an excellent way to establish the more balanced facial proportions it seems you desire. Often this type of chin implant surgery is done instead of or in combination with nasal surgery.

To determine whether chin implant surgery alone will achieve the look you desire, you will need an in-person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can fully evaluate your features from all angles and discuss the best options for achieving your goals.

My preference and the most commonly used chin implant is made of Silastic - a material the body does not react to that when inserted through a small incision under the chin forms a natural pocket to hold it in place against the natural jaw bone. Because of this placement, the chin implant looks very natural and feels like your own bone. Implants are available in a variety of shapes and sizes which you would evaluate and choose with your surgeon in your pre-op planning appointment.

The cost for this type of chin implant surgery is in the $4,000 range. See the link below for examples of what chin surgery can do for your looks.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and jaw implants for men

thank you for the question

for starters, you appear to have a good foundation of good strong anatomy with regards to your facial skeleton. In general some alteration or augmentation of your chin butt and take a letter the angle of your jaw with implants could give you an even stronger and more chiseled look. These can be placed under local anesthesia in the angle of jaw implants should be placed through incisions in the mouth. They can be placed with external incisions but I would not recommend that for a variety of reasons not the least of which is a permanent injury to the facial nerve which would impair movement of some of the areas of your face. The statically you appear to be doing well so far but if you would like to balance your face and bring it into harmony with your pre-existing nose then I believe that can be done.

Get more than a few consultations with board-certified facial plastic surgeons.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

A  chin implant can be put in to give you a more square looking jaw. I prefer chin implants made out of Silastic material inserted through an incision underneath the chin. There is a special chin implant design by  Dr. Rish  that gives a very square look for certain individuals. A chin implant will not take away the possible need for a rhinoplasty, at least based on the picture you sent . It would be best for you to be seen in person to determine what would work best for you

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a chin implant?

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Chin and jawline contours

It is very common for some of us to augment/contour the chin and the jawline from the chin to the angle of the jaw - at one time. The procedure is extremely cosmetic and well practiced and results in a very impressive balanced jawline. (see website)

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Facial implants

There are a variety of jaw implants and in some cases a more balanced jaw does make the nose look a bit smaller.  We have chin implants, Angle of the jaw implants and now custom complete jaw implants.  Each has a specific purpose and the correct candidate.  I recommend you reach out to a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in jaw implants 

Good luck 

RR

Rady Rahban, MD

Chin implant cost

We often see patients desiring harmony in regards to the frontal and profile of the face. A chin implant can help in addressing the lower face width and projection. I would use realself as a guide to the average price for a chin implant.  

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs for a chin implant will vary depending on a number of factors.

Costs for a chin implant will vary depending on a number of factors, including whether or not you undergo general anesthesia, the facility fee, and the surgeon’s fee, which can vary depending on skill, experience, and location. At my practice in North Carolina, chin implants generally run anywhere from $3000 to $7000. There are a number of different types of chin implants, including silicone elastomers, ePTFE, and porous polyethylene. None of these are safer than the other, and it is simply doctor preference which to use. Personally, I like to use silicone implants because they can be molded and customized easily.

I do not usually recommend jaw implants, as a square jaw can be achieved more easily simply with the use of dermal fillers. Hyaluronic acid fillers or collagen building fillers can both be injected in a short and virtually painless procedure to achieve a subtle, natural jawline enhancement. I hope this helps.

Custom Chin and Jawline Implants

There are no standard off-the-shelf implants for combined chin and jawline/jaw angle augmentation. Such implants have to be custom made for each patient. Whether such an implant would be helpful for you can not be determined by the one picture you have shown. I would encourage you to submit additional pictures (non-smiling) from different angles to determine if you would benefit by such a facial implant design.

Chin implants

Chin implants are composed of Silastic and are inserted through a submental approach and placed directly over the bone to give a augmentation of the chin.   In our practice we only use Silastic implants manufactured by Implantech. For more information, diagrams of the implants themselves, our current price list, and many before-and-after examples of chin implants, please see the link and the video below