I'm starting to spit stitches on my face and fear the scar is going to get wider! Is there anything I can do to stop it? (Photo)

I had and abnormal mole re-excised on my fave about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was just getting a pimple on the suture line but it ened up being a suture. I have another one comeing out too right in the middle. I fear the scar is going to spread. I had a similar problem with an excision site on my chest that turned out horribly and I dont want that to happen to my face!

Mole Removal -- See an Expert

I suggest returning to your physician for an in person evaluation. Silicone based scar gels can be used to help prevent scarring. Lasers will help improve the outcome long term.  Best, Dr. Emer

Spitting sutures

Thank you for your question. Spitting a stitch from a surgical incision does not necessarily mean that the incision will widen because generally there are more than one stitches underneath the skin. I would avoid performing facial expressions that stretch, pull, or tug at the incision site to prevent widening of the incision. I highly recommend you return to the surgeon to have your incision evaluated. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD