I have had a inner thigh lift with scars in the groin area. What can be done to correct pulling on the labia?

If you are more than three months out from surgery, a revision may be the answer. Without seeing you in person, I could not comment on what would be appropriate. It is likely that the deeper tissues need to be anchored more securely to avoid this problem.

Inner thigh lift - now the labia are stretched

Thank you for asking about your inner thigh lift.

• I am sorry this has happened to you.
  • Here's the reason - the inner thigh lift suspends the thigh skin to the inner groin ligament -
  • Otherwise gravity pulls the scar down and with it, the labia.
  • You will need to have the surgery revised - no earlier than six months afterwards to let swelling subside.
  • If your surgeon was not a Board Certified plastic surgeon, please see one for your revision.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Medial Thigh Lift

Medial thigh Lift with incision in the groin area needs special suture technique to prevent pulling on the labia an an open vagina.If the pull on the labia causing open vagina, wait some time till complete healing and resolution of swelling. If this problem continues then the scar needs revision with suturing the deep skin to the deep tissue to prevent pulling on the labia.

Vulvar distortion

The condition you are referring to sounds like "vulvar distortion". This and "scar migration" can occur after a medial thigh lift. This is usually due to the suturing of the bottom thigh flap to an incorrect layer up in the groin crease. To prevent these conditions, the stitches should be placed in a robust tissue called "Colles' fascia." To correct this you would need a revisional surgery.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD