Lower back pain after mommy makeover. Will it go away? (Photo)

Hello it's been 9 weeks since my tummy tuck breast lift and breast augmentation. And I notice that my back is killing me ! More like my lower back feels like a sharp, dull pain it's so annoying!? Will it go away ??

Back pain after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Having back pain after a tummy tuck is not uncommon.  Typically it is due to your posture while you are healing.  I suggest using a walker to assist you by taking some pressure off of your back. Once you are able to stand straight up again, your back pain should improve greatly. If the pain continues to get worse, you should speak with your surgeon.  Best of luck!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Back pain after surgery

Sorry you are having this problem. I doubt the back pain is related this late after your surgery. It may be muscular, but talk to your surgeon and possibly see a physical therapist. Best of luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Mommy makeover recovery

Lower back pain after a tummy tuck may be the result of your posture as you recover from the surgery.  I suggest using a warm compress on the lower back or have someone take a tennis ball and massage the lower back with it.  The pain will generally improve as you progress through recovery.  If it doesn't, or becomes worse, contact your surgeon.

Camille Cash, MD

Constant Hip and Lower Back Pain Post Mommy Makeover

It may be best to contact your plastic surgeon. Typically, such #pain or #discomfort should not be a result of your Mommy Makeover. However, it can be related to the way you rested, slept or moved as you recovered. Therefore, stretching, #massage or other pain managment methods may help. But, it's best to consult with your surgeon beforehand. 

Back Pain

Congrats on a successful surgery. Back pain will likely go away. I would spend some time stretching and rolling the area because you are likely tight from posture more than anything. I doubt it is directly related to the surgery itself. 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Back pain after mommy makeover

Hello, thank you for inquiry. Congratulations on your mommy makeover, sorry to hear about your back pain. It is normal to have these back pains after this procedure. What you can do is apply Voltaren Gel on your back with a massage to help the swollen and pain go down. Also, I usually recommend the post op ultra sounds which help as well, you can ask your plastic surgeon. Best of luck! 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lower back pain after mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• I am sorry you have back pain after your tummy tuck.
  • The usual cause is muscle spasm - 
  • It is best to call your surgeon and ask her/his approach.
  • It may vary from massage, stretching, yoga, physical therapy to weight-free exercise like swimming.
  • In my practice, I teach my patients how to safely stretch out their back but not every surgeon knows this approach  - anything that loosens those muscles will help you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS