Is 450cc too big? Please help! (Photo)

My operation is next Friday and the pictures I uploaded is the exact size I want. I'm 5'4" & 115lbs wearing a 32b with a similar build. My doctor recommended 450cc's & I wanted to know if the woman in them has about 450cc's.

No

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your surgeon has helped you select the appropriate implant size for your breast augmentation.  Don't look back.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Is 450cc breast implant too big? Please help!

Thank you for your question and photographed. The breast implants in the desired photos that you show certainly appeared to be at least 425-450 cc. Your breast implant size should be based on a measurement of your breast base width which your surgeon should have measured. However considering the size that she want to be based on the photos you show the 450 cc is probably appropriate. For more on sizing please read below:

B

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.   in other words, we cannot tell you exactly what size breast implants the young lady in the photograph has; keep in mind, even if you have this information, that 450 cc breast implants may look very different "on you" compared to another person.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

How to assess the right size of breast implant for you

I feel that the only way for a patient to really know what size of implant looks best on them is to try them on. We allow patients to bring a sports bra and try the implants on in the office. This way they have an excellent idea of what they want to achieve. I never decide size for a patient because they have an idea on what they want to achieve in their heads.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Maybe

It is difficult to say without examining you.  However, it seems like you want to be larger then a C cup and if so that would require 375cc to 425cc; remember the bigger the implant the more un-natural they will look and the more problems you will have in the future.

Andre Aboolian, MD

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Wish Photos

The good news is that the photos you selected can help determine whether you like large breasts or small breasts, a more natural shape or a rounder more “augmented” shape, and narrow or wider cleavage. The bad news is that wish list photos are not your breasts, so you will never achieve those exact results with breast augmentation surgery. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, as that's not honest or realistic. Clothed pictures are even trickier as you will assess your result topless, plus the bikini or bra can be pushing them together or upward, and the nipples could be pointing in any direction. Additionally, if you don't have before photos of the woman in your wish list, it’s impossible to predict how close your result will be to the picture. This is very important, and often overlooked, as the number one influence on your result, is what your breasts look like now. Last, I have often times reviewed wish list photos with patients, only to discover they have been professionally “air brushed” or Photoshop edited when he then compared those photos to the same woman’s unedited Instagram and/or Twitter posts!
The most useful way to utilize pictures of other woman is to review our extensive before and after breast augmentation gallery and look for patients who started with a similar breast size and shape to yours now. This way your surgeon will have a detailed knowledge base of that particular patient, her measurements, implant size and style placed as well as the technique used and resultant bra size. Best Of Luck.

Correct size

Dear Peecee
Good day, thank you for your question, if you are a 32b breast size and you want to be like the person in the picture, this person look like a D, so an implant 450cc is correct for you.
I recommended you follow the suggestions of you Plastic Surgeon
Your faithfully.

450cc too big?

The person pictured above is probably in the 450cc range but its tough to know for sure because I am not sure how much of her own breast tissue she had to begin with.  If you really want a second opinion before your surgery I suggest you seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and take measurements.  best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

450s for you

450cc implants are upper average in size when it comes to primary breast augmentation; it is difficult to tell you what your wish photo implant sizes are without knowing what size she was to begin with; the most important thing I can share with you is that your implants should have a radius that is in the vicinity of your nipple to inframammary fold distance. This will ensure that your nipples are centered on your new breast mounds.

Arian Mowlavi, MD, FACS