Do I have Capsular Contracture? 1 week and 1 day post-op (Photo)

I posted a few days ago about being accidentally kicked by my daughter. Followed up with my PS but he said everything seemed ok. I'm still torn. I'm numb from my collarbone down on left side and it feels like my left breast literally has contractions. It gets really tight where as the other no matter the movement seems like my natural breast. I'm afraid I may have CC. MY LEFT seems a little higher even the smallest movement it conracts and gets hard.

CC

Although capsular contractures following breast augmentation can occur just about any time, most women start having symptoms around three months after their breast implant surgery. This is because it takes some time for a capsule to form and then to scar down (contracture). Therefore it might be too early to see signs of CC but you should check with your doctor and relate your concerns.
Capsular Contracture is a condition in which the capsule surrounding the implant thickens and contracts, squeezing the implant making it overly firm or hard and often changing the shape and position of the implant. As the capsule contracts it moves the implant further up your chest wall making upper portion of your breast too large and unshapely. It is more far more common in nicotine users (e.g. smoking, vaping or nicotine gum or patches).

Good Luck!

Contraction Yes or No

Thanks for your question and picture.  You are very close to your post-op date and looks like your breasts just need to settle a bit.  I would speak with your doctor regarding massage and light exercise to get everything to relax a bit.  You will continue to see changes over the next weeks to months that will speak to your final result.  If you are worried about capsular contracture, make an appointment to speak with your surgeon and have an in-person physical examination.

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Capsule 8 days post op

From looking at your photos your breasts look tight because I think of the size of the implant.This early there is still some swelling that needs to go down.Maybe some massage would help and a breast strap.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You do not have capsular contracture

Contractions are normal at this stage of recovery. They are coming from your muscles contracting on your implants. They will settle with time. It is too early for contractures to set in. Relax.

Vasdev Rai, MD

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about capsular contracture. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards
DR. Emmanuel Mallo.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Talk to your surgeon.

I agree with most of my colleagues. There is early tightness and swelling and in our practice we routinely use muscle relaxants such as low dose diazepam (Valium) to help alleviate this, and when indicated an upper bandeau to help reduce some of that upper pole swelling. The other critical point in our post operative instructions is to take it very easy and avoid strenuous activity such as lifting, excessive arm movement, household work such as vacuuming and laundry, using caution with car doors and back doors in SUV's, etc. 

Your appearance is consistent with early helming, but it is best to check in with your surgeon regarding your concerns and being mindful of taking it very easy. Good luck. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

CC at one week

It is highly unlikely to have a cc this soon after surgery. You are likely experiencing normal post-op discomfort and swelling. You need to allow the breasts to heal. If concerned, follow-up with your surgeon.

Do I have Capsular Contracture? 1 week and 1 day post-op

No it is impossible to perform a capsular contracture in the first few weeks after breast augmentation. I am happy that you saw your surgeon to rule out the possibility of hematoma. Based on your photo. Implant position looks excellent. My suspicion is that you're having muscle spasms because of the trauma when your child accidentally kicked you. I suggested she try to relax follow-up closely with you plastic surgeon on a weekly basis and asked her surgeon when you can start breast implant displacement exercises which may help relieve your symptoms.

Do I have Capsular Contracture?

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have but you can have peace of mind that capsular contraction is not the culprit. What you are describing is most related to muscle spasm.  I would suggest: rest  and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Capsular contracture

No, you do not have capsular contracture. Your capsule is not even formed yet. From your description and your photos everything sound completely normal and it looks great for this early. Be patient!

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD