Is there anyone who offers more affordable Voluma fillers (>$1000/syringe) in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I love my doctor but it was $1000/syringe (per cheek essentially) and I've read so many other reviews of people complaining their Voluma was $350-$400 in other parts of the country. Is $1000 the best I can hope for in Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area) - is there any doctor who offers this for a slightly more affordable price who has a good reputation? I was also told since I exercise that I should expect to have it touched up within the 1st year despite the claim of lasting 2 yrs.
See average cost for Voluma

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Voluma pricing

Thank you for your concern and for sharing your questions with us. The most important factor in a good outcome for Voluma is the experience of the injector.  Some injectors are able to achieve much more with the same amount of product then less experienced injectors. 

Voluma pricing

Hi Lucianag

Thank you for your question.  Voluma is a very expensive product itself but keep in mind that this product lasts 2 years. Pricing will vary in different areas along with the experience of the person injecting you.  I would be extra cautious about cheap voluma. Please make sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or expert injector.  Best of luck.

Voluma and price

Voluma is a very expensive injection since Allergan charges the physician so much for the product itself.  Beware of a bargain.  If you see charges that low there is no way that it is Voluma being injected since the physician would be losing money by injecting the product.  Please consult a reputable board certified physician for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma pricing

Thank you for your question.  List price (the cost to the physician) for Voluma is higher than your quoted price for 1 syringe (comes packaged in a box of 2).  Even with discounts all the way up to black diamond/top 50 if someone were to sell it at 350 they wouldn't be making much of a profit.  I would be very wary of anyone pricing like that as it is likely not authentic Voluma.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma pricing

Pricing of Volume can vary by physician.  If you would like to contact me through my office, I would be happy to give you our pricing for Voluma.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Lucianag,

You can try calling around but that would be pretty much the expected price for Voluma.  If you see pricing of $350-400 for Voluma, I would be very suspicious. 

As far as how long it lasts, it depends on where it is injected.  Lasting 2 years is when it deeply injected over the cheek bone.  If it is injected into an area that is more mobile, it would not be expected to last as long. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon