What is the purpose of 5% tca peel? (Photo)

i got a hyper-pigmentation after having a 35% tca .. is it good to use a 5% to solve that? and what do you recommend to use to get rid of it..

See an expert for combination treatments.

In short, yes it can help but it is fine line between worsening and improving. You do need a combination of bleaching creams, peels and or low dose lasers. All the bestDr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Chemical peels

Thank you for your question sasha robert. Chemical peels are used to enhance the appearance of the face. After a chemical peel there is a risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It can also bring our melamsa. For my patients with dark skin types I recommend using a regiment of topical products including hydroquinone, kojic acid, and vitamin C for several weeks prior to the treatment. Such products can also address pigmentation after a treatment. Treatments such as fractional laser resurfacing can also help.. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Hyperpigmentation On Face -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening, Aerolase

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for evaluation, this needs to be treated with skin lightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.