What would be the the cost for 3 syringes of botox for marionette lines?

What would be the the cost for 3 syringes of botox cheeks (2year) 1 syringe (1year) under eye) 1 syringe (1 Year) for marionette lines

The Costs of Botox for the marionette lines

Thank you very much for your question. Unfortunately, it is difficult to provide a definitive answer to your question without an in-person examination. The exact cost of Botox, to properly treat your marionette lines, will depend on several factors, including the individual physician and the extent of correction required. At my office, Botox Cosmetic is priced by the unit, which ensures patients pay only for the injectable that they need. At $14 dollars per unit, the average Botox Cosmetic treatment will range from $150 to $600. My recommendation is to schedule a consultation with a board certified cosmetic surgeon, who can create a detailed Botox treatment plan and cost estimate to achieve your desired results You may also be a candidate for fillers instead of Botox to better treat the area.

Botox and fillers for different areas of the face

Thank you for your question ipach71. Botox is a purified protein used to treat certain wrinkles on the face. The marionette lines are those we see with age that go from the corners of the mouth to the jawline.
First Botox comes in units, not syringes. While Botox is most commonly used in the upper face a small amount of Botox can be injected in the lower face in the DAO muscle which pulls down the corner of the mouth. This will elevate the corners of the mouth by about one millimeter. This may enhance the result of filler treatments, which are best for these lines.
Fillers such as Voluma, Juvederm, and Restylane work well to address volume loss in the cheeks, marionette lines, and tear troughs, respectively. I prefer treating marionette lines with Voluma in the upper cheek and a skin tightening treatment and later assessing if Juvederm would provide further benefit in the nasolabial folds and/or marionette lines.
Finally, treatments are not done by years. Typically people will enjoy the results of Botox for three to four months. With fillers, although this is generally longer, it is more variable. This can range from six months to two years, depending on the location, filler, and the amount used. For example fillers in the lips tend to last less than those on the cheeks. Fillers such as Belotero are very short-lived,  while Voluma and Bellafil last longer. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

I think what you are referring to is the cost of fillers, rather than Botox.  Botox is typically priced per unit, not by syringe, and the areas you are referring to are more commonly treated with fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane. Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma both last up to 2 years and are meant to add volume to the cheek area.  Because the effects last longer, the price usually averages around $900 per syringe.  Under the eyes, or tear troughs, as well as marionette lines can be treated with products like Restylane or Juvederm Ultra and average around $600 a syringe. The effects of these products last 6-8 months. Price depends on location of the practice, and also how many syringes your Plastic Surgeon feels you need after a thorough consultation.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Marionette lines can be improved with fillers and lasers. Fillers like Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane work great for cheek volumization which helps improve nasolabial and marionette lines as well indirectly. The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers (Restylane or Belotero), lasers, microneedling/PRP. I would suggest seeking an evaluation with an expert to determine cost. Best, Dr. Emer

Botos and marionette lines

Botox is generally not used for marionette lines although if the lines are very light sometimes injection will help iuf you contact an expert. also it does not come in syringes but vials and the charges are for units. Marionette lines are generally treated with fillers ranging in cost from 500-800 per syringe

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Marionette lines need filler - Price shopping for filler leads to unhappy patients

Typically, marionette lines use filler for improvement as do the cheeks and under eye area. The total number of syringes is dependant on your exam and the opinion of the treating physician. A common error is for patients to seek out the lowest pricing. This is absolutely the worst way to pick who to get your filler from. The results of your treatment are dependant on the skill of the injector as well as their experience. Most low cost providers can only compete with other providers by lowering their price. The cost of fillers varies according to the type of filler used, the longevity desired, the city, and the provider. Tom Seery, the CEO of Realself did a study and found that patients who went to core physicians had a much higher satisfaction rate than those that went elsewhere. See link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hello ipach71,
It is a common misconception that Botox can help fill in creases.  Botox helps to treat lines that develop with activity such as the crow's feet.  Fillers are used to help with the volume loss and shifts that occur with age.  In your case, you asked about under the eyes and in the marionette lines.  For under the eyes I like to use Restylane.  For the marionette lines I like Restylane or Juvederm Ultra, although others will have different preferences.  The cost will vary based on which filler is chosen and where you go.  I'd recommend you consult with one of the core aesthetic physician injectors (facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, plastic surgeon) who performs his or her own injections.  If you used one syringe below the eyes and a separate one for the marionette lines you would likely spend around $1,200-$1,800 depending on the filler and your injector.  
I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectables confusion: the difference between botox and facial fillers

Botox is a medication that is injected to weaken muscles that fold skin creating wrinkles. It is used between the eyes (11s) and on the side of the eyes (crows feet).
Fillers are injections to increase the volume of target areas under the skin to improve the shape and contour of the face.  Marionette lines, tear troughs, and cheeks are treated with fillers. 
I recommend having a consultation with a doctor who can explain the different types of treatments, how they work , where they would be injected in your face, and the expected results. They can also talk to you about the risks (all very low) related to these types of office treatments. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for marionette lines cost

Botox is not used for marionette lines. :) Here is an example of how it is easy to confuse all the products with all the indications. You are probably referring to product called "filler" and the cost depends on how much *you* need. In general, it's fair to say $500-1500 to start treating the issues  mentioned. 

Botox and Lines

Botox is an injectable used for lines of movement such as the glabella or forehead. Botox is not used as a filler such as Juvederm for the nasolabial fold or Restylane for the under eye area.  Please consult an expert based on experience.  Best, Dr. Green