I am 73 years old and I would like to get a lower face lift and neck done. Any suggestions?

Lower Face and Neck Lift?

As long as you are healthy your age should not be a barrier to having facelift surgery. Patients who are a little older often have a significant amount of facial fat atrophy and volume loss, so I almost always recommend doing some fat transfer to any areas where needed at the time of the facelift. This will produce a softer and more natural looking outcome and patients often seem improvement in their skin quality as well. 

Mini Lift Can Benefit Older Patients Too

A mini lift – which can dramatically restore youth to the lower face, jawline and neck – is usually performed on candidates who have early and minimal sagging and thus is usually the choice of younger patients. However, if you are primarily concerned about the lower area of your face and neck, the mini lift could be beneficial. As a plus, it has fewer risks, less scarring and less downtime. Please note, however, that a mini lift will not affect the cheeks or eyes or improve skin quality

Facelift and Local Anesthesia Safety

Hello Sue. Probably the best advice I could give any patient (regardless of age) is to find a PS who performs a Lift under local anesthesia with mild oral sedation (as we do in our Center as routine). This method, which is a learned art for certain, makes a lower facelift and necklift very safe for the patient (since there is no dangerous general anesthesia). It typically cuts down on overall cost as well since the patient doesn't have to pay for a facility fee or anesthesiologist. Equally important is to find an experienced surgeon who performs these procedures as his/her routine. Truthfully, there are not too many out there (truly experienced and who uses local anesthesia with mild sedation), so you will have to do some thorough research. Once you find one you still need to interview him/her to make sure they are a good fit as your partner. Hope this has been helpful. Best of luck to you! Doc L.

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift at 73 years of age

Many patients get face lift surgery while in their 70's, as long as you are in good health it should not be a problem. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic surgeon for an evaluation. If the surgeon offers computer imaging, you can get a good idea of what results you can expect. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Face lift in early seventies

Providing that you are in a good health and that you want it, face lift is an excellent procedure with minimal discomfort and recovery time. You should seek a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Hi there, you can be a great candidate for face/neck lift procedure if you are otherwise healthy and able to undergo and recovery from the rigors of the surgery.  Of course, you'll need to find a surgeon who is experienced in this procedure and also someone you can trust with your face.  Please note that just because someone has the term "expert" by their name does not automatically mean they have the experience or expertise.  Please do your due diligence to find the best surgeon for your needs.  Best wishes to you for a smooth recovery!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concept Facelift and Necklift under local anaesthetic

I have pioneered a revolutionary local anaesthetic facelift known as the ‘Concept™ Facelift and Necklift’. This innovative procedure combines the latest surgical techniques with the use of local anaesthetic to dramatically reduce the risks associated with traditional facelifts, while significantly reducing the bruising and downtime of your recovery, from months to a matter of days.

The Concept™ facelift is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. The procedure is less invasive than a traditional facelift and there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period.
What are the benefits of the Concept Facelift?
  • Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results
Please book a one to one consultation to seek advise from a board of certified plastic surgeon which specialises in facial procedures 

All the Best

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Lower face-lift - great procedure for improving both neck and face

Hi there. Thank you for the questions. A lower facelift is a fantastic operation in that it delivers the potential to rejuvenate both the face and improve the jawline/ neck region. The most important starting point is selecting an appropriately qualified and experienced surgeon. Having worked in BC, I can highly recommend Dr. David Naysmith and Dr. Jen Robinson (both in Victoria). Both have excellent surgical skills and are compassionate surgeons. Good luck!

Lower Facelift

Thank you for your question. The days of age being a limiting factor for a facelift have passed. If your health is good and your concerns appropriate for the procedure than go for it. People are enjoying healthy vibrant lives and want to look well at any age. There are many options out there so a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be a great starting point to review your concerns, discuss your anatomy and choose a treatment plan tailored for you
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- Neck Lift, VASER Hi Def Lipo/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport, Kybella

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation and treatment options. Please consult with an expert for an in person consultation. Best, Dr. Emer