I'm 36 and I have 42dd breasts. I'm considering a breast reduction. How small can I go? (Photo)

i use to be a 38d now i am a 42dd i have noticed the huge breasts are killing my back my chiropractor recommended this procedure but i'm really unsure about it . as i don't know a lot about it.

Breast reduction can typically allow you to go as small as you like.

Thank you for your question. I see so many women who are suffering from back pain because of their large breasts, and it’s so rewarding to see what a positive breast reduction can have on their quality of life. Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction procedure. Start by choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast reductions. When you meet with your surgeon, it’s very important to clearly communicate your goals with your surgery. Bring photos that represent the final result you’d like to achieve to make sure you and your plastic surgeon are on the same page with regard to your goals. As far as the size you can achieve, you should be able to go as small as you like.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your photo and description, a breast reduction would be appropriate for you.  This procedure will both reduce the volume of your breasts and lift them to a more ideal position on your chest.  Be sure that you are seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can tell you what you to what extent your breasts can be reduced.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

I'm considering a breast reduction. How small can I go?

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon (who you should choose very carefully). Most patients wish to achieve enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso.
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
Once you have communicated your goals carefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to provide you with an estimation of how much tissue will need to be removed, in order to achieve your desired outcome.
Best wishes with your breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed.

Thank you for your question.  You can go as small as you'd like to.  There are multiple techniques available for breast reduction which can accommodate your goals.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon and to communicate your goals and expectations.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Discussing a size you want to be is all about a healthy conversation between you and your plastic surgeon. Anatomy and the size of your breast and thickness of the breast tissue is also an important. Talking about this in consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is the best way to go. Good luck, MM

Any final breast size is possible for a breast reduction.

You should be the judge of the final size you want your breasts to be. The difference between the starting and finishing size might affect the technique but in the end the idea is to make the patient pleased with the result.