Can/Should Sciton Halo laser and BBL be used together? How long to wait between 1st and 2nd Halo treatment?

Hi, I've had the profractional laser and bbl treatments together in one session. Does it make sense to combine bbl with the hew halo laser? Also, how long should I ideally wait between my first and second halo treatment? I'm 40 years old and the doctor says my skin is in great condition, but I do have discoloring on my neck, especially.

Using Forever Young BBL and Halo Pro together is the perfect combination!

Yes, you can and it is the best combination treatment. Doing the BBL and Halo Pro together you are targeting red and brown spots as well as tone, texture and fine lines. This treatment will have the overall health of your skin glowing.

West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

Using Halo and BBL together in the same treatment session

Thank you very much for your question.  In my practice, I often combine these two treatment modalities in those patients that need it.  I, as well as my patients, have been thrilled with the results.  Typically, the BBL treatment is done first and then I follow this immediately with the Halo Pro treatment.  In my practice, in the patients that need it, I would typically perform the second Halo Pro treatment in 4-8 weeks.  The time will depend on how aggressive the first treatment was, how the skin has healed, and the current condition of the skin.   In my patients, BBL may also be added to the second treatment.   Best of luck to you!  

Jeffrey G. Lind II, MD
The Woodlands General Surgeon

Halo/BBL Combo

Absolutely!  When the major underlying issue is pigmentation over coarseness we will often start the treatment with a full BBL treatment and then proceed with the Halo treatment  right after the BBL.  BBL is still my favorite for browns/pigment and Halo is excellent for addressing texture and fine lines.

My observation is that when I combine BBL and Halo treatments is that the patient experiences more than just an additive effect of the two and that you actually get a synergistic effect with the treatments when combined. I believe what is happening is that there is some melanin disruption in the melanocytes as a result of the BBL light treatment, then the 1470 wavelength (the non ablative portion) of the Halo being administered immediately after further disrupts and treats the released pigment so that it can rise to the surface of the skin as MENDs (microscopic epithelial necrotic debris) and slough off through the holes in the epidermis that are made with the ablative portion of the treatment with the 2940nm wavelength.

The best thing I can say about BBL and Halo is that both treatments are highly customizable, so be sure to pick your practitioner carefully so that you will experience the maximum benefits that this first in class hybrid laser can offer you.

Typically, I would allow at least 2 months between Halo treatments.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Halo and BBL

Halo and BBL can be combined. Halo is a complete skin rejuvenation treatment. You will see improvements in overall tone and texture in addition to significant removal of discoloration, reduction in fine lines, reduced pore size, skin reflectivity, and glow. the Halo can handles the browns post sun damage, and the BBL can handle the reds (such as from rosacea). The Halo treatments are generally spaced between 6 to 9 months as the collagen is built up after the first treatment. However, the Halo treatments can be repeated as soon as 1 month apart depending on patient needs. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

BBL & Halo

Absolutely combine them! The BBL results will be quickly visible so while you wait on Halo results you will see results!

BBL can also be used afterwards to help keep your skin fresh and clear as well as fight off aging! Studies have shown BBL to be anti-aging.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo laser combined with BBL

Yes, the two devices work very well together.  As you probably have seen already, the Halo will help with the pigment, fine lines, pore size, tone and texture of the skin, while the BBL (or any intense pulsed light device) will help with the redness and any vessels on the face.  The BBL or IPL can also stimulate collagen production in the skin so works beautifully in combination with the Halo laser.  The amount of time between treatments depends on your skin healing process and the strength/intensity of your treatment.  Most patients can have a second treatment in 4-6 weeks. 
Good luck!

Halo

BBL and Halo done together are a great combination. We typically wait one month between Halo treatments. Our patients have been very happy with the improved tone and texture of their skin, reduced pore size, more even pigmentation and improvement of fine lines, particularly around the eyes and mouth. Good luck!

Halo and BBL combination

Yes, Halo and BBL can be combined and provide great results. We usually advise our patients to space their Halo treatments every 3 months. Best of luck.

Michael E. Jones, MD

Sciton BBL and Halo Treatments

The combination of the Halo and BBL Sciton laser is based on the experience and expertise of your laser specialist. I would wait 6 or more weeks until complete healing before the next treatment - and of course would follow the advice of your doctor.

BBL + Halo for the win

It is definitely worth doing both together. Each treatment has its advantages or issues it addresses well, but they can certainly be combined, BBL first, immediately followed by Halo with excellent results. 

Arlo J. Miller, MD, PhD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon